THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN

"Dad, really, we're okay," Scott trie reassuring our dad as we stand in the hallways of the school, down near the boy's locker room.

"I should've been here." Dad stammers. "And I said I would be at the game."

"Well, I mean this was the scrimmage just a pre-season scrimmage." Scott reminded him. "I didn't even tell you about it."

"But I promise your mum I would be around so she can pick up some double shifts at the hospital." Dad sighed. "I should've been here."

"You're here now," Scott told him, man, I'm awkward. That's when the girl, Violet, walks by me and Scott with a smirk on her face with Parrish who was beside her, keeping a grip on her.

"Sheriff, what is that? Is that the weapon?" Dad asked Mr. Stilinski as he approached us.

"Yeah, it's a thermo-cut wire." He holds the plastic bag in his hands. Dad then left us, and walked out of the room.

"Parrish, hold up," dad told Parrish. Scott and I walked towards Liam.

"Where's Kira?" Scott asked.

"She took off," Liam explained. "Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the dead pool.

"Her mum's on it." Scott realized.

"And? We're on it, too," I pointed out. "Everyone's on it."

"You're not." Scott told Liam.

"Not yet." Liam pointed out. "There's still another third, right?"

Scott and I stand outside Garrett's locker in the boy's locker room, Liam was standing in the doorway. Liam nodded at us, giving us the single and Scott opens the door.

My eyes scan around the locker, then, I felt a tug on my shirt and I looked at Scott's whose eyes were fixed on a bag. We look at each other before we bent down in sync.

"I think someone's coming." Liam informed us. "Hurry," Scott had quickly unzipped the bag and my eyes widen. There was so much cash. We looked at each other. "You find anything?"

I gulped and I let Scott answer this one. "No." Scott lied. "Nothing."

"Sorry, guys, Liam skipped class today," Coach informed me, Mason, and Scott as we stand outside his office. "Maybe he's sick. Like me."

Mason turned his head towards us. "Liam didn't look sick on our run." Mason informed us, making me sigh. Liam had been missing since Mason's and his run. I have a bad feeling about this.

"He's not getting back to any of my texts." Scott told us, looking up from his phone.

"Mine either." Mason sighed as we slowly walked away from Coach's door. The bell rings and students start to pour into the hallways, going to their next class. Sometimes, I wonder what it like to be a normal kid who doesn't have to deal with this crap every day.

Must be nice.

"Yeah, don't worry, we'll find him." Scott promised Liam's worried friend. "But text either one of us if you see him, okay?"

"All right." Mason sighed, and he turns around going to class like everyone else. I grab Scott's hand for comfort, and because Stiles' isn't here, I used Scott's hand instead. Scott gave me a gentle squeeze, and we both walked down the hallway in silences, closely together.

None of my friends was at school today, it was only Scott and I. Which was surprising, considering we were never really alone. Stiles, Lydia, Kira, and Malia were all out today. That's when Scott's phone started to ring.