Meet

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

A magazine, crisp and new, sat on the plastic, grey table. Two individuals were seated across from each other: one a woman and the other a man.

After that night in the hospital, she had seen him like usual in the café, but she also realized that she never had received his name. He probably knew hers since Frank had used her name almost every time that she had ordered her drink and dessert. Despite that fact, she never had asked for his name.

The present day was the same, but she had initiated a meeting with him. He had been too mysterious for her not to, though; she had been safe about where. It was at a fast food restaurant: McDonald's. She also picked the location that was the most crowded in the city. That way, several individuals would at least see them together.

Her plum purple strappy wedges carried her across the asphalt ground and towards the building. She pressed the lock button on her keys for her red mini cooper and heard the locking sound behind her. (F/n) adjusted the plum-colored ribbon around the black collar of her black button-up dress.

Nerves ate at her as she grew closer to the establishment, but she forced her feet forward. She pulled out her phone and checked the last text message from him. At five. It certainly seemed curt, but his previous messages indicated that he was looking forward to the meeting. Maybe, it bothered her because it sounded almost like a demand.

It didn't help that she recalled how he seemingly had popped up out of nowhere at the hospital. She desired to question him on his friend, but that would be impolite and might cause her to be out of his favor. Right now, she wished for his company to both learn more about him and also to have someone to talk to about Reginald's situation that wasn't a doctor or nurse.

Taking a deep breath in and exhaling, she pushed on the door, and it wouldn't budge. (F/n) blinked before she read the sign on the door. Pull. Nearly, she face-palmed out of embarrassment. She followed the sign and hoped that no one had taken notice.

A bell rang as she opened the door more, and a few glanced her way before they returned to their food, ordering or work. Her eyes glanced over the front seats, and she didn't find him. When her (e/c) orbs stared to the back, she saw him flipping through a magazine, but she couldn't read the title due to her distance. He didn't look up either, nor had he been one of the individuals to shift their attention her way briefly.

Tightening her grip on her purse handle, she made her way over to him. Each step sounded louder in her ears until each was almost booming. Hopefully, she didn't appear as nervous as she felt. Besides her reasons from before about the man, there also was the simple detail that she never had met with another man outside of work after she had started to date Reginald. The whole thing was rather awkward for her, and she didn't wish to give the impression that she was searching for something more than a friendly ear. She hoped that he wasn't expecting something more either.

As soon as he had heard the bell, he had glanced up by a fraction so that she wouldn't notice. He had been leaning against the orange cushion and had his legs crossed. The magazine had been level just below his eyes so that it would appear that he was continuing to read. He had kept it that way even as she began to walk towards him. Every step of hers had been music to his ears, and it continued that way as she advanced all the nearer.