Trust

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Ice floated up to the top of the drinks, and a bowl of premade popcorn rested between them. They were a treat to top off an arrangement that had been made.

Sitting on the floor of the closet, various organizers were lying around her, and the shelves above her were bare. Nothing. Absolutely nothing that could reveal that he had been spying on her. Edmund sat on the edge of his bed, though; he had searched through his organizer with his boxers for her since she had been too embarrassed to do that herself.

"Do you trust me now?" She peered over her right shoulder at him. His legs were crossed, and his chin rested on the palm of his right hand. A slight bit of amusement twinkled in his eyes, which caused a small pout to form on her lips. "Or, are you going to search through my whole home for something? I don't mind if you would like that."

Sighing roughly, she shook her head. "No, it's fine." She picked herself up to her feet and started to put the organizers back for him. As she slid one onto one of the shelves, she paused momentarily. "I didn't want to find anything, but I also did. I guess ..."

"You still have him in the back of your mind." (F/n) slid the box back before her hands fell to her sides gradually. Steadily, she faced him. "You're worried that you'll find something about me that'll tear you apart again. You don't want to lose us, but you can't help but constantly question if I'm hiding something dreadful in my home. And, it doesn't help that we're matching colors every time we see each other." His black pajama pants and white shirt proved that further.

Words left her. All she could do was stare for a little bit. She looked over his appearance. Strands of his pitch black hair fell loose from the water trying to hold them back. His white shirt hugged his torso in all the right places while parts of it remained wet due to his skin still drying from his shower, yet his black pajama pants weren't too form fitting. Despite all of that, she met his eyes. His statements struck at her too strongly for her not to.

Those green-hazel eyes ... She couldn't help but get lost in them. Her feet moved across the carpet again before she stood right in front of him. His eyes continued to meet hers. Before he could utter another word, she allowed herself to fall forward. Both of her arms reached out and wrapped around his waist while she buried her head into his chest.

The fall caused him to lie back on his bed, and he embraced her. Her hands tightened some on his shirt as she tried to get a better grip on his back. Edmund rolled over onto his left side, and her right arm moved to the front of him. (F/n) placed the palm of her hand against his chest and felt his heartbeat through it. Doubt began to fade in her mind. She hadn't found anything; she could relax and toss away that worry. Both their home locations and matching colors merely were odd and surprising but nothing more.

"I'm going to trust you." Her words were soft and gentle but muffled some his shirt. A smile formed on his lips as fingers pressed lightly into her back. The gesture made her cling all the tighter to him before a smile took over her lips. "But if you somehow know my neighbors, I may get suspicious again." She poked his chest as a playful warning.

"Well, some of them might've been my customers."