Scurry

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Heels nearly failed to support trembling limbs, and they took a step back, which almost caused the woman to fall. All the while, too protective of an embrace ensnared another.

"... Ge-George," Gina stumbled out, her body beginning to quiver. "I-I-I ..."

"What are you doing here?" His tone was harsh, and his hands gripped (f/n)'s shoulders a little tighter as he pulled her back towards him more.

"It-It's a ..." She took a deep breath in before she exhaled. "It's a public place. I have every right to be here." Her tone was steady, but it was near to shaking again. (F/n) might've been concerned by the fear rising up in the nurse's eyes if the nurse hadn't slept with her ex and insulted her prior to Edmund's arrival.

"I know that." The sharpness of his words cut through hers like an axe slicing through wood cleanly. "But, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to explain myself." He stood taller, and his green-hazel eyes could've incinerated the nurse's form if that was possible. "What I mean is what are you doing here harassing (f/n)?" His eyes narrowed into murderous slits, and Gina stepped back and almost tripped on the bottom of a clothes' rack. Unfortunately for the couple, she didn't fall over. "That, you don't have a right to."

"I wasn't ..."

"Don't lie." The command was simple but powerful. Gina visibly gulped and glanced over to (f/n) as if she would mention the secret from before. (F/n) wouldn't give her the satisfaction of that. "Don't look at her. I'm talking to you." Edmund's hands moved down to (f/n)'s upper arms and gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"I-I ..." The nurse's brown eyes were wide as saucers, and she nervously shook her head. Her behavior did cause (f/n) to question what secret the nurse had been about to tell her, but (f/n) wouldn't ask Edmund until the nurse was gone.

After Gina shook her head more, she stepped back again. Barely, her heels were giving her enough support to stand upright. It was surprising that she wasn't toppling over. "I-I ..." Gina gulped before she turned to run off. A loud cough interrupted her escape. Hesitantly, she shifted her orbs back to Edmund. (F/n) couldn't view his eyes from her perspective, but his stare must've been incredibly deadly by the way that terror grew alit in the nurse's orbs. If Gina didn't answer, (f/n) didn't know what Edmund would do, but it probably wouldn't be something subtle.

Only one word past her lips. Secret. She was off. Her ruby red stilettos clicked against the tile in hurried succession, and her dirty blonde hair flicked back and forth as though its owner's life depended upon it.

Edmund's hands slackened their hold on her, and a long sigh past his lips. (F/n) turned in his arms and noticed his countenance was one of irritation, yet calmness. "I apologize that I hadn't gotten here sooner. I ..."

A finger pressed to his lips. (F/n) shook her head and moved her appendage back to the handles of her purse. "You didn't know. I'm just happy that you showed up, though," her eyes glanced over to the nightgowns, "I don't want you to look when I'm picking them out." He quirked a brow. "I know that you'll see them, but I ..."