Discuss

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Black wrought iron sat atop adobe bricks while the smell of roses was all around. Condensation formed on the outside of glasses where fresh-pressed orange juice resided; it was something close but also distant.

Hands in his pockets, Edmund stood at the edge of the gardens. His right side was leaning up against an oak tree, and his right leg was crossed behind his left. The morning sun was warm and inviting, though; the clouds rolling overhead promised rain later on. A delightful scent of tulips filled the air, and the slight breeze brought over the scent of roses, which were closer to the house. Mixed in with the pink tulips, there were blue and white baby's breath flowers.

Out ahead, the landscape sloped downwards, and a set of stone stairs guided a path down towards the sand-covered shore. Dark blue waters lapped up against the sand, and the sea's smell occasionally merged with the floral scent. Edmund took in a deep breath and exhaled before he smiled. Soon, very soon, she would see what he was seeing. She would be looking out over the sea from a different viewpoint, but, ultimately, it would be the same. No longer would they have to deal with that nurse either. Don had kept his word, and she had been removed from the hospital. Hopefully, neither him or her would make an appearance again.

His green-hazel eyes glanced back when he heard soft steps upon the grass. Hana held a straw hat, with a dark brown ribbon, to her head when the wind picked up for a moment. Her hair was tied back in its loose bun. An off-white blouse, dark brown skirt and off-white flats covered her form. A tired expression hung on her countenance, but happiness did meet her eyes. "It's all finished." He pushed himself off of the tree. "The planter boxes and flowers are where you requested them to be. She'll love it."

A slight smirk met his lips. "I know. She doesn't really have a choice in the matter, though." He stepped up beside her before she turned the other way and walked with him to the brick patio. "Has she mentioned anything that I should know about, though? Any developments since we last had talked?"

"She misses you and understands that you'll keep her safe, but you already know that." Edmund chuckled a bit and pulled out a cushioned, wrought iron chair for his aunt before he took a seat across from her. She smoothed out her skirt before she rested her hands atop her lap. "And, her wedding dress," Hana smiled, "it's gorgeous on her, though; she may have difficulty walking on sand with it."

"I can change the locations. It's a quick fix."

"Won't she see the house from a higher vantage point, though? That's why you originally were having it on the beach and having her enter from another path than the stairs."

"If we take one of the mountain paths, she still won't spot it. If she does, she won't know that it belongs to me. The mountains might be better than beach because of the stairs. If she spots the stairs, she might question why we would be on private property. I always can make up some excuse, but it might raise suspicion." He chuckled. "Or, it might not. She is completely devoted to me, so she might not become doubtful of my words at all."

"And, you're certain that you want this?" Hana adjusted her hat after another brief breeze came by. "She may not forgive you after she learns the truth of the surprise."