Dine

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Folds of fabric waved back and forth as steps struck the tile floors. Each step echoed down the hall, and some heads turned, but only one held her interest.

Parking her car, she turned the key in the ignition and removed it before she left and locked her vehicle. Street lamps along the nearby sidewalk illuminated the parking lot and her. Their light bathed her (h/c) locks in a soft, gentle glow. A shadow was cast over her face as she walked across the asphalt until she neared the door of the establishment.

Briefly, her (e/c) eyes glanced up to the sign on the wrought iron archway. The Fox's Garden. Tiny spheres of light gave the sign life and highlighted the various vines wrapping their way up the structure. Beyond it, there was a set of stone steps, which led to a dark-stained oak door. In the center of the door was a paned window, giving the guest a view inside before they entered.

She viewed a waitress taking a family away to a side room for seating while a waiter remained at the front. A small, stone fox statue rested atop the waiter's podium. There were patrons sitting upon long wooden benches too. No doubt, they were waiting to be seated themselves. (F/n) opened the door and allowed herself in. It shut near soundlessly behind her.

Before she had turned off her car, she had checked the clock. It had been five minutes to six. Most likely, it only was a couple minutes more to the hour. She adjusted her purse on her right shoulder and advanced towards the waiter on the plush red carpet. A few of those waiting glanced up at her, but she ignored them.

"Hello, I'm here to meet with an Edmund Fex."

The waiter glanced down upon his list of reservations before he nodded once he found Edmund's name. "Ah, yes." He looked back up to her. "Your name is (f/n) (l/n), correct?" She nodded in response. Signaling a free waitress over, he mentioned, "The back table outside." His eyes met hers once more. "Enjoy your dinner, Ms. (l/n)."

"Thank you." (F/n) faced away from him and followed the waitress through the restaurant. Calming lights hung from the ceiling, and plants grew around pillars in the restaurant. Little candles twinkled amid bouquets of fresh flowers, and a wonderful, floral smell complimented the aroma of fine food.

Occasionally, her eyes would glance upon a dish that looked too scrumptious to pass up. It was obvious that she would have a hard time choosing a meal to settle on. The waitress took a left and headed for a pair of double doors. Paned glass was in the middle of them, and the waitress grabbed both before she headed out.

Leaving the inner dining area, (f/n) was directed by the waitress to stare to her left and towards the back. "He's back there, and both of your menus are on the table. The wine will be brought out shortly." The waitress dipped her head a bit and smiled before she left to the inside and closed the doors behind her.

(E/c) orbs landed on him. He hadn't noticed her yet. His chin was resting on the palm of his right hand as he looked out over the row of candles and past the trees surrounding the present part of the restaurant. The street had to be nearby given the sound of an occasional car driving past. She didn't check, however, since she remained focused on him.