Dry

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

His jacket was wrapped around her waist. Shivers ran up her legs, and her hands tightened the jacket before they parted ways.

"I'm already in the parking lot." He leaned against the front of his car while a light chuckle past his lips. Her slight gasp on the other side of the phone was entertaining. "I finished early, so I decided to stop by. Do you want me to head in there or wait here?"

"Wait there. I should be there shortly ..." He heard her grumbling about something, but he couldn't make it out. "Sorry, my shoes are soaked, and water got under the padding." She released a rough sigh. "I hate wet shoes."

A slight smile hit his lips. "Will you be alright driving home?" He wouldn't mind taking her home. It would be better if they did only have one car. Besides, she worked from home. She didn't have to go out often, and if she did, he could take her.

"Yeah, I'll just take the heels off." He raised a brow even though she couldn't see it, but his silence was questioning. "I'll be fine. I've done it before."

Before he could respond again, he heard footsteps approaching and looked up. From the waist down, she was drenched. He hung up on the phone and quickly pushed himself off of his car. She hung up her phone too and put it into her purse. A hopeful look was in her eyes. "Please tell me that you found a towel or something since I last had asked you."

"Unfortunately, I didn't, but I do have tissues. Some of that water at least can be wiped off of you." Her head hung some before she met him at his car. She set down her purse on the hood and glanced down to her feet. It was clear that she wanted her shoes off.

Edmund opened the passenger door and signaled for her to take a seat. "You sure? I'll get the seat wet."

"I don't care about that, (f/n). Take a seat. Those heels probably are like little lakes, right?" A smile graced her lips, and she chuckled softly before she nodded her head. He moved aside some more and allowed her to seat herself down. Edmund was about to walk over to the driver's side to retrieve the box of tissues, but (f/n) reached behind her and grabbed them before she held them out to him.

"Here." He stopped in his steps. "There's no need for you to walk around. You could've asked me." Edmund took them from her as she smiled and laughed a little. "Just because I'm soaked in water doesn't mean that I'm incapable of helping out."

Returning her smile, he pulled out a couple of tissues and crouched in front of her. "Yet, you're still wanting me to wipe your legs and feet off?" A light chuckle escaped him. His eyes peered up to her briefly, and she was averting her eyes in slight embarrassment while a pout formed on her lips. Edmund smirked before he returned to drying off her right leg.

"Well ..." She crossed her arms and huffed. "It'd be hard to wipe off my calves and feet without my dress sliding down awkwardly." Edmund forced himself not to think of that mental image, but it was incredibly difficult. (F/n), however, noted his furrowed brows and gave him a tiny glare. "I shouldn't have said anything."