vii. - the psycho

jisung

They called me crazy. Still do. Doesn't matter where I used to and still go, people have called me insane or crazy once.

It wasn't my fault I was born into the carny life, it wasn't my fault my parents were strict owners of a circus carnival that toured the same places every year during the 50s, 60s, and even before I was born.

It wasn't my fault I wasn't a normal kid.

It wasn't my fault.

It's not my fault, my thoughts screamed in my ears as I broke down in an abandoned alleyway where I could be myself, where I could hide from the rest of The District.

I'm not crazy. I'm not a psycho.

And, yet, the voices still screamed. Every day. Every night.

The kids used to taunt me at school, calling me a clown and telling me I should be put into an asylum. My mom ended up homeschooling me after a kid bigger than me beat me bloody because he found me talking to myself. I was just counting the days until the carnival ended.

Just counting.

My hands clamp to my ears as I pant and feel tears spill from my eyes as I murmur over and over again,"It's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault.."

What I thinking was my fault? I don't remember. I can never keep one thought at a time.

None of The District knew about this spot, about how I came here pretty much four times a week to bask in the thought of me being insane.

I remember when I was alive and how I used to think that I could see ghosts. Little did I know what they actually were.

One was dressed as a clown. His face painted white so I couldn't actually see how pale it really was. He lead me to the woods, telling me that he could see the ghosts too. He told me I was his friend. That I wasn't alone.

The next day, I woke up in the middle of a sunny field, blisters popping onto my skin and healed within ten minutes of being in the shade.

I went home. I found the carnival. They stared at me. Whispered about me. They didn't like the way I was walking with a limp and my clothes that had a mysterious red liquid stained onto them. There were whispers about me.

'How did he make only those sections of his eyes red?'

'He looks more scary than I!'.

If only they knew. If only I knew.

My parents were in their tent. I entered. My mom screamed. My dad faltered. I was told to leave. I remember their exact words,'Murderer', 'Killer', 'Criminal'...'Psycho'.

That one word, uttered from my mother's lips with such fear, has stuck with me for all these years.

"It's not my fault.." I breathe out quietly,"It's not my fault!"

All my emotions come out in a screech.

I breath heavily, even if it was useless, it still calmed me down, as I look at the brick wall in front of me. I hit it once and a single brick went inside of the wall. I heard it clatter inside of the building that it was once attached to.

It's not my fault, I think once more, I am not a psycho.

*~*~*

somi

I stood in the central area of the warehouse that Chris was currently giving me a tour of and get uneasy stares from three out of the nine members of their cult that were there.

They supposedly called themselves the 'Stray Kids' considering they were mostly children when they became what they are.

Vampires, the word rings in my head, blood suckers..

"This is where everyone trains their fighting skills by sparing and knife throwing and stuff," Chris points to a row of boxes and I notice a lot of stab marks in them.

"Huh," it was all I could say with fear of getting impaled myself.

I hear a door open and we all turn around to see the neon-haired one come in through a door on the left of the row of boxes.

"Ah, Jisung, just in time," Chris chimes as he gets his attention.

He, Jisung is his name I'm assuming, turns his head towards us and his mouth gaps open,"Ch-Chris.."

"Say hello to Somi," Chris says with a smile.

Jisung looks behind me at the three guys, Jeongin and the two guys who busted us when we were in my mom's car.

The dark-haired one said his name was Changbin and introduced the auburn-haired one as Felix.

It was weird, ever since I've been here, Changbin, Chris, and Jeongin spoke to me nonstop..but Felix was completely silent. I wanted to talk to him but he seemed to be the noninvasive type.

"Uh.." Jisung stares at me,"Hello..?"

"Do you know where Woojin, Minho, Hyunjin, and Seungmin are?"

Jisung's eyes go wide,"Should we even tell Seungmin that-?"

"Do you know where they are?" Chris actually sounded worried himself but he put on a tough act.

Jisung nods before he motions for us to follow him.

"Time for you to meet the whole District," Jeongin smiles as he tugs me along by the arm.

My heart beating out of my chest with every step we took.

I'm so dead when Mom doesn't see her car in the driveway tomorrow..