xxii. - the epilogue

jeongin

One Month Later

Felix and I hauled the boxes to the trunk of Somi's car, trying to help with anything we could before we left.

Where were we going, you asked? We didn't have a destination yet..but we knew that we weren't going to be gone for more than two months.

Somi walked out of The District in a baggy 98 Degrees band t-shirt and jeans cuffed up to her ankles,"Are we all set?"

"I think so," I said with enthusiasm,"I can't wait for this trip! It's going to be so fun."

"I can't wait either," she sighed with ease,"It'll be nice to get out of here for once."

"I've been waiting for two years and a half years!"

"Try almost thirty," Felix wrapped an arm around Somi's waist,"I'm glad that my first real look at the outside world is with you."

"Don't forget Jeongin," Somi points to me.

"And me," we all turned to see Seungmin.

His hair was cherry red at the tips and brown at the roots now, showing how much he's been trying to change himself,"You forget that I decided to tag along a couple nights ago."

"How could I forget?" Felix rolled his with humor,"You've only not been able to stop talking about it for the past three days."

"Hey, I know I leave The District more than anybody but I haven't been past ten miles of this place in almost thirty five years..I'm allowed to be excited."

"You guys keep talking about being here for years and I can't even stand to think about the two months I was here, let's check to see if we can get out of here already."

We all laugh as we walk inside. The other five of the boys were in the main warehouse, they were nearly heartbroken when we explained to them we were leaving for a short time.

"Are you sure you can't stay just a little longer?" Changbin asked Felix,"You are my closest friend and I don't know what I'm gonna do without you."

"Same here, Binnie," Felix gave him a long hug then made his way over to Jisung,"Don't go too crazy while we're gone."

"We can't go crazy unless all three of the Blood-Lust Three is here..don't worry, we'll be fine," Jisung smiles but I could hear the slight hurt in his voice.

Somi hugged Hyunjin, Seungmin fist-bumped Woojin, Chan approached me,"You sure you're going to be okay out there?"

"It's only been two years..how bad can it be?"

Chan sighed, shaking his head as he pulled me into a tight hug,"Just know that if you need anything, the doors here are always wide open," he pulled away,"And that goes for all of you."

"We're going to miss you, Chris," Felix grabbed the duffle bag off the floor,"We're going to miss all of you."

As we said our last goodbyes, which all ended in tearful eyes, Felix flung the duffle bag in the trunk. "So, where to first, sunshine?"

Felix climbed into the passenger's seat while I sat directly behind Somi. Seungmin sat behind Felix and buckled up right as Somi was putting the keys in,"Well, I was thinking Arizona..but.."

She put the car in drive and sighed, the car inching forward before finding a steady pace and reaching the paved road,"I think we ought to visit my mom and tell her why her car has been missing for almost two months."

The End