xxi. - the prestige

seungmin

I don't remember what went through my mind when my nails dung into the old bastard's flesh, but I do know that I wanted to protect Somi.

My mind was a blank as I screamed and tore everything in sight, scraping any sort of skin and muscle tissue I could find. But my back was slammed against a wall and I found myself heaving over, coughing up an invisible meal.

How was I feeling so much pain? I had never felt this since...I whipped around behind me to see wooden stakes coming out the wall. Not long enough to penetrate my entire body but sharp enough to break skin and destabilize my abilities.

The man laughed,"You ignorant, young fool. Did you think I wouldn't come prepared for a fight?"

He stalked toward me, his eyes fiery yet dead as I watched his skin regenerate only his bare bones,"Or did you think you could actually defeat me by your lonesome self?"

He goes to brush my hair and I gnashed my teeth at him, nearly biting his arm and the skin off of it clean. A clean slap goes right across my face so hard that I couldn't comprehend what happened for a few seconds.

"Tsk...you've got a very bad temper on you, young man."

"Yeah? And you've got a chainsaw up your ass," I tried to stand up but felt an invisible force push me back down, crushing my bones as I tried to resist it.

I continue to try, feeling so much pain that I knew that any second, all my bones would break and I'd be nothing but a jellyfish.

I begin to yell, not just in pain but in defiance. Telling him that no matter how much hell he put me through, I wouldn't let him get to her.

He wouldn't get Somi, so help me God.

My yelling gets louder every second and I hear a loud crack in my ribs.

That's when I hear someone scream,"Stop!"

The force stops. I fall onto my side. I cough. I feel my ribs begin to fuse back together, making my whole body tremble and itch. I look out of the corner of my eye to see who had been screaming.

Somi was standing up, her hand outstretched. That's when I noticed how Neunim was levitating..and by the look on his face, it wasn't his doing.

"Wha-? How is this-?"

Somi's face was wet with tears, her eyes glowing with ambition as she continued to rise him higher into the air,"Leave my friends alone, you dick!"

She flung him across the room. He faceplanted into the hardwood floors but he sprung up quick. That's when Somi screeched and everyone's chains and ropes fell apart, making them jump up..but confusion painted their faces. I stood up too, keeping my ground.

That's when Neunim laughed even more maliciously as he had before and said,"I see now..you wish to play dirty."

He snapped, a bunch of vampire goons, ranging from teenaged to middle aged, came in from the shadows,"So can I."

Everyone's breath stopped, including Somi's, when we all saw one particular person in the group. I noticed Jeongin begging to want to reach out but he couldn't. Minho stood in the crowd, a collar around his neck with a strange purple sheen on it. He saw Jeongin move and he growled. We all gulped. And that's when Neunim ordered them to attack.