xix. - the vision

somi

Before we left, I took the rusted knife that still hadn't budged from the box and asked Chris if he could get it sharpened since a rusted, blunt knife can't really do a lot of damage except poke an eye out. He took it and told me he'd have it sharpened by the time we were ready to go.

We all prepared as we packed the duffle bag I had been planning to use the day before with mostly weapons and a little bit of food for me. Even though there was a fat possibility that Minho just decided to take a morning stroll, we were all worried with all these weird phenomenons happening.

Felix wouldn't hardly leave my side and only did if he were asked by Chris to do anything for him. He would give me a sad look and then go off to do what he was told. I wanted to tell him it would be okay but even I wasn't sure about that.

It worried me to wander the woods but with the thought of the boys coming with me, it comforted me a lot more than I thought it would. I mean..why wouldn't I feel comforted?

I don't know, I knew how dangerous they could be but they acted like teenagers. How could these sweet, caring boys hurt anyone?

Then I saw Seungmin pass by me with a sullen yet angry look and I knew. I knew they could tear me apart if they had the chance. There were many instances where they almost turned on each other..but the only one I was actually afraid of hurting me was Seungmin.

Even though he showed a softness to me I hadn't seen him show for anyone else, it made my unease get worse thinking of being in a room alone with him. Who knew what all he could get away with?

I made my way to the main warehouse and picked up glass shards off the ground, only the ones big enough to stab anyone that got too close, before my ears perked up hearing someone enter the room.

I tilted my head up and saw the one and only Jeongin,"Hey."

"Hi."

He walks over to me and starts picking glass up too,"What are you doing?"

"Spring cleaning."

He smiles solemnly with a slight laugh,"Or protection?"

I shrug and stand up, carefully placing the shards in the duffle bag slung across my shoulder.

"You know that we can easily protect you, right?"

"It's just in case of emergency."

He sighs,"I guess that makes sense..but Felix-no, all of us would die for you."

I turn a large glass shard in my hands and mumble,"You sure about that?"

It's silent for a few seconds before he realizes who I'm talking about,"Look, Seungmin may be rough-and-tumble and enjoys a good game..but he cares about you. I've seen it in the way he looks at you."

"He probably would rather kill everyone just so I could be with only him," I say too fast for a human to render but Jeongin wasn't human.

He shook his head and looked at me with sad eyes,"You don't know what he's been through. What all of us have been through. You'd understand if you knew." I know he had a point but I couldn't help and pick with my fingernails at the glass shard in my hand, pretending like I didn't care.

Jeongin forgets it and doesn't even acknowledge my quietness, he just holds his hand out,"Mind if I make that a little more..weapon-like..?"

I shake my head and hand it to him. He takes it gingerly and closes his eyes before the glass melts like water and transforms into the sharpest, most intricate dagger I've ever seen. I stare in awe at it before he hands it to me,"Be careful, it's sharp."