xiv. - the coven

seungmin

I knew I shouldn't have thrown that knife. I regretted it as soon as it left my fingertips.

I mean, I knew it wouldn't harm Felix hardly at all since he's pretty much immortal but..what if it had hit Somi?

I remember being cut by a rusted nail when I was a kid and I had to get this massive shot but this wasn't a nail. It was a rusted knife that was still pretty sharp. It could've hit her. I could've killed her.

But, luckily, my aim is impeccable.

I watched it soar through the air at lightning speed..until it suddenly bounced off of something invisible surrounding Felix.

We all stared in silence until we looked at Chan whose hand was outstretched and his face looked like he had reached his zen point.

When he finally looked like he had reconnected with reality, he looked around at all of us with confusion as if he had no idea what just happened. Felix stares at him with a gaped expression.

I notice his arm wrapped around Somi's waist and I feel anger bubble up inside of me before Felix says,"Chan,"
Chan looks at Felix with confusion,"you..did you...?"

Felix points to Chan's hand and he glances at it before Felix says,"Chan, you saved me. I don't know how..but you did."

Chan's expression continues to flash confusion but I was too focused on Felix's arm around Somi that I couldn't care less.

But it seemed she couldn't care less about Chan either. She stared at me with fear as she sunk into Felix's side more and I felt my face turn from burning rage to dropping realization.

She likes him. She likes Felix..

Felix glances at me and I can tell that he's tuning into my thoughts.

Go ahead and listen in, you bitch.

My anger comes back.

You already have her heart.

Chan suddenly breaks the silence as he sees how angry I am.

"Seungmin," I whip my head around, my ear turned to him instead of making eye contact,"don't."

I scoff with aggravation,"Stop what? It's not like you can hear my thoughts.."

I glare at Felix with a look with the same sharpness as the knife I had just thrown.

Suddenly, Felix doubles over, clutching his stomach. Somi screams. I know what it is, I just refused to stop.

"Seungmin! Stop it!" Chan yells at me.

I continue to stare Felix down, watching the strange sense of life Felix still had drain from his body. He looks up at me with a pleading look, his eyes misty, arms frantically searching for any sort of open wound on his body. If only he'd known that I was burning him from the inside out instead.

Felix lets out a blood-curdling scream and curls into the fetal position.

"Seungmin! Stop!" Chan screeches,"Now!"

I want to laugh as an evil smirk goes across my face and I suddenly feel my body slammed onto the ground, the breath knocked out of me. Felix lets out a loud relieved sigh.

Someone holds me down and I nearly fling them across the room but when I see who tackled me, I can't help but stop breathing and feel shocked.

Somi tackled me. She stopped me from killing Felix..even if she knew she'd get hurt in the process.