xiii. - the difference

woojin

"Let's go over this again," Chan says while pinching the bridge of his nose as I watch the sitting, cross-legged Jeongin carefully with my eyebrows furrowed,"you held your hands out, yelled 'stop', and it..floated in midair?"

Jeongin nods violently,"Yes."

Chan sighs before he mumbles some incoherent words before he says clearly,"Okay, uh.."

He sighs like he doesn't know what to do but that was impossible. Chan always knew what to do.

It seemed unreal to see him like this with sweat dripping down his temple and his white veins popping out of his forehead.

I will admit that we stressed him out a lot more than we probably should've but I never thought he'd ever become this conflicted..but we had a crisis on our hands. Possibly a lot of blood, too.

"Jeongin," he looks up at Chan with the same wide eyes he used when he first stumbled upon us, he was full of fear and confusion, he wanted to know his place, I'm sure he feels the same way now as he did five years before,"could you try to-"

"Chan!" We turn around to see Minho rushing through the main warehouse, leaping over objects as if it were a natural thing for him but if anybody knew Minho, you knew he was clumsy and tripped on air.

How did he just..?

"Chan!" He reaches us before doubling over and getting a few breaths in like we needed to breathe.

I stopped breathing a long time ago, maybe thirty years ago, when I stopped relying on something useless. Most of us still breathed on a normal basis, like Minho and Changbin and Felix, especially Jeongin..but even Chan still breathed every once in awhile. I guessed it was because it made them feel a little bit more human.

I seemed to be the only one who accepted the fact that we weren't human anymore and we never would be so why waste brainpower on the thought of breathing every five seconds when you could be using that brainpower for something like fighting skills or hand-eye coordination? I guess I'd never understand but when you've seen as much death as I did when I was human, you'd understand my reasoning.

Chan stares at Minho like he's insane,"What do you want, Minho?"

"Somi needs..Woojin. Right now," he says between useless breaths.

Chan looks up at me and then back at Minho,"Why?"

"Somi..she needs...more medical attention.."

I instantly make my way to Somi's little guest room. I guess after this morning, no one questioned Minho's predictions.

I bust open the door and I see Somi sitting next to Felix, she was staring at him with this look in her eye that I never expected her to look at any of us with.

But, nevertheless, she looked fine.

She looks up at me,"Everything okay, Woojin?"

"I, uh.." I notice the shit-worth job Felix did on her foot and I sigh in defeat like I do everyday because I'm getting even more tired every day,"I need to fix your bandages."

I shoot a glance at Felix, he blinks. I sit next to her before I put her wrapped up foot in my lap, I begin unwrapping it,"Somi, you should've asked me to do this.."

"Hey! I think I did pretty well.." Felix huffs before crossing his arms across his chest.

I want to laugh but I knew that he did try his hardest. But even he knew that I know best when it comes to medical attention.