one.

"home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. some of us travel the whole world to find it. others, find it in a person."
BEAU TAPLIN

(Ponyboy and Johnny are 16 in this)

Georgia walked outside of her large house and looked around.
the neighborhood she lived in was indeed for Socs, but she didn't feel as if she belonged.
it had never felt like home, after all, it wasn't supposed to.
her parents found her at the age of three and spoiled her rotten, but she had never changed. she still stayed humble, sassy, and intelligent.
she knew Greasers were just ordinary people trying to live their life.
she didn't hate them at all, unlike every Soc she knew.
she inhaled the smoke from the cigarette in between her lips.
nobody knew she smoked, but it's not like she has many friends.
even though Socs are Socs, they aren't all friends.
Georgia isn't cool because of how smart she is.
and because she doesn't dress like the Soc girls, act like them, or look like one. she's to muscly, athletic, stylish, and smart to be one.
but no one cares.
no one ever has.
today was the day. she was going into Greaser territory to prove they are just people.

her secret switchblade was right in her hand anytime one would glare at her.
but she wasn't scared, she never has been scared.
Georgia never cries, never gets scared.
she thinks that fear is a state of mind that you can convince yourself to get out of, and she does.
the Greasers stared at her, not hatefully but not nicely. she dressed stylish like a middle class hood, not a Soc.
"well, well, well. what does ms. secret soc wanna spy on now?" a guy strolled next to her with his gang. she recognized him as Dallas Winston. dangerous.
she kept her pace.
"i just want to check things out, that's all."
Georgia sighed and realized they weren't gonna leave her alone.
"what's your name sweetheart?" Dallas kept talking to her, just to make her mad.
"Georgia." her tone was blunt.
"last name?" he wasn't going to stop.
"well it's Smith, but my real last name is Randle." she said in the same tone as he did.
"Randle, eh? we gotta Steve Randle right here!" Dallas pointed to a guy that looked similar to Georgia in their gang.
"Steve?" Georgia stopped in her tracks and looked at him.
he looked to her and everything stopped.
he was the brother her parents talked about leaving behind.
"STEVE!" she smiled and jumped on him, but he pushed her off.
"we have the same last name, don't fucking touch me." he spoke through gritted teeth.
"you're my brother!" she said in excitement and confusion.
"proof?" everyone looked shocked.
"our real mothers name is Carmen but she didn't have money to take care of me so left me at an orphanage when we were younger." she said and his mouth dropped.
he engulfed her in a hug.
"you're a Soc." he sighed and looked at her.
"not anymore. tonight, i'm gonna get all my stuff and steal some money and come live with you." she smiled.
he shook his head, "no way. i'm not taking you away from being a rich girl." he looked sad.
"i don't wanna be one. being a Soc is torture. plus i don't fit in with the cool kids." she sighed just like he did.
"are you sure?"
"very."
they hugged and agreed that they would switch in a week.