thirty-two.

"People say you have to hit rock bottom, and, I can tell you, almost dying is as rock bottom as it gets."
GEORGE BEST

the crane eventually came and pulled the demolished car, filled with a lifeless body and water out of the icy waters.
the whole gang was sobbing, even Dally.
they couldn't of lost Georgia, right?
"gentlemen, you might want to come here." the police said to the boys.
they slowly walked up and to the scene, revealing the car that was nearly frozen.
on a stretcher near by, was Georgia.
"i'm sorry, but uh, she's gone." the paramedic said and tilted his head down.
"no." Steve mumbled and everyone froze.
Soda broke down onto the ground and Darry ran off to the side and started puking, it was how he coped with the emotion.
Steve broke down next to Soda and sobbed so hard he couldn't breathe.
he had just gotten her back four months ago, had he already lost her?
his heart ached and could barely even function.
Johnny, Two-Bit, and Dally just stood there, hot tears continuing to run down their cheeks.
and Pony?
oh Pony.
his first sob came out as a yelp, before he completely lost it.
he started sobbing hysterically and ran over to the Georgia's lifeless body.
"NO! YOU CAN'T DIE! PLEASE! PLEASE!" he begged, his voice cracking as he sobbed and screamed for her.
the paramedics rushed her away and pulled him back.
there was no point, he couldn't move.
he was sobbing so hard his face stung, his lips quivering.
she was gone.

across the way, a female nurse was convinced she was alive.
her name, Sharon Eismick, was unrecognized since she was new.
she continued doing CPR on the girl's lifeless body, begging for some sign.
"damnit." she mumbled.
had she seriously just let her die?
as one last test, she held her hand up to the extremely cold neck, feeling for anything.
after about ten seconds, her fingers felt something.
no, it wasn't just a pulse.
it wasn't just a heartbeat.
it was a solid piece of hope.
"I'VE GOT A PULSE!" she screamed, saying it to herself more than anything.
she quickly inserted a tube down Georgia's throat and attempted to pump out water, it eventually began to work.
paramedics surrounded the body, warming it up in every way possible.
her fingertips were almost blue, and she had been under for a solid twenty minutes.
there was a large crowd now gathered around the scene, many friends of the gang to comfort them on their loss.

Pony was sitting with the whole gang, in an awkward silence, thinking of depressing thoughts.
then, off in the distance, the scream of a female voice, "we've got a pulse!"
he faintly heard.
he had begun imagining things, remembering his last words to her.
i love you.
she hadn't said it back, only joining his lips with hers.
oh, the sweet taste her lips gave him.
he loved the feeling.
he got up and walked over.
Johnny slowly got up and followed him.
"it's okay Pone. she's gone." he whispered in a deadly whisper.
suddenly, a paramedic appeared.
"no, she ain't."
the worker said and Pony cracked the biggest grin ever.