twenty-one.

"Thanksgiving is simply friends, family, food, and football."
UNKNOWN

"anybody up for some football at the park?" Two asked.
immediately everyone chucked their plates in the sink and ran out the door and locked it.
that was their favorite Thanksgiving tradition.
Georgia has quite the throwing arm, so once they found out, they immediately made her the quarterback.
"down, set, hut!" she said and Johnny snapped her the ball.
Darry was running towards her so she launched a throw to Ponyboy, their running back.
Dally was close behind him, but Pony being the fast runner he was, went all the way and scored a touchdown.
after about 30 more plays, they headed home.
"gee, Georgia. why don't you try out for football? the boys would let you if they saw your arm." Soda asked.
"you remember what doc said. i'd be dead if i played." she joked.
the whole gang had kind of an awkward silence.
"why do you guys keep me around? i'm so much to handle." she said suddenly, and sadly.
the whole gang stopped in their tracks.
"why do we keep you around? are you serious, doll?" Dal said.
"you help us with girl stuff, you understand us, and you're the best! if we didn't keep you around, than there's no point in keeping anybody around. you're one of us." Johnny said.
she hugged him.
once they started walking, she tapped Pony on the shoulder.
"hmm?" he asked.
"oh nothing..just..tag! you're it!" she said and ran off.
she knew the gang was running with her too and Steve quickly got tagged by Pony.
Steve went towards Darry and tagged him.
"you're it superman!" he cheered.
Darry veered to the right and tagged Dally.
Dally then dropped back and tagged Johnny, who tagged him back and ran ahead.
then Dal came for Georgia, but she was faster than him.
eventually she got tagged and yelled, "first one to the house wins!"
they all darted off and Soda ended up winning.
"good game, Curtis." she patted his back.
"hey, Georgie, you mind giving me a back scratch?" Steve asked.
she nodded no and he raised up his shirt.
she had good nails, not too long and not to short, never scratchy.
a back scratch from her was like heaven.
Pony sat next to Steve, and once he was done, Pony raised up his shirt for one too.
"so, the rumbles this Saturday night. skin against skin." Darry said.
they nodded at him, "we know."
"i'm helping y'all." Georgia said.
Pony turned his head and Soda spoke up.
"no way."
"yes way. doc said if it was a very bad head injury, as in getting it sliced by a switchblade, that would put me in the hospital. i remember, it wasn't like automatic death, don't sweat it." she complained.
"i don't care. i don't- we don't want you gettin' hurt." Pony said and looked at her.
"i know. but i don't want y'all getting hurt, and you guys get to, so why can't i? you guys know i put up a good fight." she reasoned.
"yeah. how about this, you drive with us and wait near by, and if we're getting our asses beat, you can help, a little bit." Steve said.
Two looked at him like he was crazy.
but Dally and Johnny knew they were going to win, so it was just saying she could watch.
"sounds good to me." she grinned.