thirty-four.

"Don't look for miracles. You yourself are the miracle."
HENRY MILLER

last chapter before epilogue :(
but don't worry it's long (just like Ponyboy's di-)

those next few months passed and Georgia had some pretty intense migraines, but she got through them. over a year had passed, and it was Christmas Eve!
the snow was heavy outside and the whole gang was a little trapped in the Randle household, since the roads were snowy and icy, along with the sidewalks. plus they didn't have clothes fit for 20 degree weather.
"so, are all the presents under the tree for tomorrow?" Steve asked and they nodded.
there was a nice, warm fire and they had gotten a small Christmas tree.
it had lights, a star, and a few ornaments but that's just how they liked it.
Darry, Steve, and Soda all had work off til the 27th.
"yep." Georgia said.
"so it's getting late, and i think we're all sleeping here." Darry said and motioned to outside, where they had a good 7 inches of snow.
"yeah, I CALL COUCH!" Two screamed and they all laughed.
Johnny was already laying on the recliner under a blanket, dozing off.
"i'll take this chair." Dally said and they all nodded.
"Soda you can crash in my bed." Steve said and Soda nodded.
Pony was automatically upstairs with Georgia, they knew.
"as long as you keep this fire going, i'll take the floor. y'all got blankets and pillows?" Darry asked.
Georgia got up from Pony's arms and grabbed a few fuzzy blankets and a large pillow.
"goodnight everybody." Steve said and headed off to bed with Soda.
"night." said a few people.
Georgia got up and kissed Johnny's temple, "goodnight Johnnycake."
she rubbed Darry's back, "goodnight Dar."
he hummed in response.
she gently kicked Two, causing him to stir.
"goodnight you bum." she laughed.
she went over to Dally and kissed his forehead, "goodnight Dal." she said.
"goodnight doll." he whispered.
Pony turned around and motioned for her to get on his back and she hopped on, and he carried her upstairs.
they drifted off to sleep, waiting for Christmas to come in each other's arms.

Two was running around screaming "CHRISTMAS!" and it quickly woke up.
"SHUT YOUR DAMN TRAP TWO! I'M TRYING TO CUDDLE GEORGIA!" Pony screamed and heard Darry laugh.
"it's fine babe." Georgia said in her silly morning voice.
Pony laughed and they got up and headed downstairs.
everyone was there and either rubbing their eyes or yawning, except for Two.
"alright, my presents first!" he cheered and clapped his hands.
he handed them out.
he got Dal some good cigarettes, Darry an apron, Pony some books, Johnny paint brushes and paint, and Steve and Soda some hair grease.
Georgia unwrapped her present.
there lay a $20 bill, and an awfully inappropriate note for Pony and her.
they all thanked him and handed out the rest of the gifts.
Dally ended up getting cigarettes and new dog tags, and a lighter.
Pony got some books and a lighter, and a bell from Two that said 'ring for a blowjob!'
Johnny got a lighter, some canvases, paint, and paintbrushes.
Soda and Steve both got hair grease and cigarettes.
Two got some comedic silly stuff.
now Georgia handed out her gifts.
she got Two a new mickey mouse shirt, which he quickly ripped the sleeves off of.
she got Johnny a fuzzy blanket and money.
she got Darry some comfortable house slippers.
she got Dally some new jeans and a dog tag with her signature.
she got Steve a picture of her and him from their brother sister day awhile back.
she got Soda a playboy magazine and a cars magazine.
lastly, she got Pony a vintage guitar that had her signature in it.
Pony could sing and always talked about wanting to learn to play, so she figured why not?
they all had a great Christmas as a gang.
"one last surprise." Georgia said and pulled something from her back pocket.
it was a small black photo with white marks?
scratch that, it was an ultrasound.
Pony's jaw dropped and he started sobbing, while the rest of the gang laughed.
Steve teared up and they celebrated the rest of Christmas as a big, happy family.