nine.

"I have a hopeless crush on someone who will never like me."
ANONYMOUS

after the gang had all had chocolate cake and wrestled, Johnny pulled Georgia to the side.
"can i talk to you outside?" he whispered.
she nodded and they sneakily went outside.
"what's up?" she asked as they sat down in the swing.
"i don't want you to tell me anything right now, but i like you. like- ya know- more than a friend and i just don't wanna rush anything. because you probably don't like me back and if you do that's great but if you don't i just thought you should know, because it felt better to tell you and i want you to have the freedom to have whatever you want with anyone." he rambled and she just smiled and blushed.
"i didn't realize it till you accidentally kiss me, but yeah. you're just sweet and pretty and funny so yeah. now i gotta go home." he began to get up.
she got up with him and hugged him. he had a good three inches on her.
they both smiled and she said, "have a good night. you're pretty great, Johnny Cade." she said and he just blushed and kissed her cheek before he walked off in a daze.
she watched him walk off until he was out of sight.
her heart fluttered and she turned around at the sound of the door opening.
it was Pony.
"he told you, didn't he?" he said and she smiled and nodded. he scoffed and laughed and shook his head, looking down.
then they sat down on the swing, looking into the road ahead.
"what are you gonna tell him?" he spoke after a nice, comfortable silence.
"i don't know, i mean i kind of like him, but i don't think we would work well together." she said and looked over to him.
he was already looking at her.
"good, that means i can do this." he smirked and leaned in.
"wha-"
she was cut off by his lips brushing hers.
they closed their eyes and opened them.
she smiled before he fully pressed his lips on hers.
she thought she was going to melt.
seriously, every feeling she ever had for any other boy disappeared.
she didn't ever want his lips to leave hers, the soft feeling was too desirable.
the electricity running through her body could've powered the whole world and her heart could've bursted.
she couldn't believe this feeling even existed, it felt so surreal.
she was in love.
Georgia Randle was in love with Ponyboy Curtis.
his soft blonde hair was always greased back to perfection and he was taller than her, which she loved.
he always smelled like a little bit like cigarettes, or campfires, and also fresh rain after it fell from the sky. she loved it.
she had never hugged him but she could only imagine how magical it must feel.
there was no doubt, he was perfect.
she only wondered if he felt the same.
all of this she thought as they kissed, which was only a matter of seconds.
their lips broke and they stared into each other's eyes.
his soft voice was raspy and quiet, "did you feel that too?"