ten.

"I got lost in him, and it's the kind of lost that's exactly like being found."
CLAIRE LAZEBNIK

"yeah." she whispered and stared into his eyes.
they were about to connect their lips again before Steve walked out.
"cmon Georgia, say goodbye and we gotta go home." he said.
somehow he wasn't suspicious at all.
she got up and Pony followed right behind her as they headed in.
"we gotta head home, but everybody say goodbye to the birthday girl!" Steve hollered and everyone got up and headed over to them.
"bye birthday girl." Soda whispered and kissed her cheek before smiling at her sweetly.
she smiled back, "bye Soda."
Darry hugged her tightly and said, "sleep well little missy. happy birthday."
"thanks Darry." she grinned.
"bye kiddo. happy annual day of which thy was born." Two said and everyone laughed.
"i think that's the smartest thing you've said in your life." she joked and hugged him before he smiled and shrugged.
"hey, man. see you tomorrow?" Dal said and pulled her in for a quick, tight hug.
"aww, good old Dally is gonna go soft for Randle!" Soda said and Dal glared at him.
"yeah, see you then Dally." Georgia said and smiled at him.
last was Pony.
"i'll see you at school tomorrow, right?" he asked and smiled at her.
gosh, he was so perfect.
"yeah, of course." she smiled back and blushed.
he pulled her in for a gentle hug and it was just as magical as it would be.
Pony could of been the weakest boy in the world and she would always feel safe in his arms.
his smell filled her nose and she closed her eyes at it.
Steve finally had to pull them apart and pull her out the door.
she didn't sleep that night. part of it was on purpose, since her and Steve planned to have the switch out at 4AM.
but she couldn't stop thinking about Pony. like, at all.
4 rolled around quicker than she expected, so she hopped out of bed and slipped her sneakers on.
she had already packed her bag, she she grabbed the backpack and put it on then grabbed the large duffle bag and threw it over her shoulder.
Georgia tried to do 50 push ups and 200 crunches almost every day.
which caused her to have quite the strength.
she also took boxing for 4 years which helped her put up a very good fight.
Steve admired both of these things, so did Pony.
she carefully snuck downstairs and was careful not wake up her stupid 'parents.'
Steve was in his truck outside, just as he said he would be.
she there her stuff in the backseat and hopped in.
"are you sure you wanna do this?" he looked at her intently.
"very." she nodded and he sighed and drove off.
as soon as she hit the pillow she was out.

the next morning she quickly unpacked her stuff into the closet and dresser before brushing her hair and teeth and leaving with Steve out the door.
"have fun at school, kid sister." he rubbed her head and she made a funny face before running off to school.
once she arrived, she trotted up the steps in a happy mood.
boy, was she excited to see Pony.
she was also excited to show everyone she was a Greaser.
she was never really known as a Soc anyways.
Georgia put her backpack in her locker and then got her books out.
she walked off to find Pony, but a sour feeling got in her stomach when she saw him and Cherry Valance talking.
their faces were rather close, so Georgia hid behind a classroom door and watched from afar.
she could read lips pretty well, they were clearly planning to hang out at some time.
she felt disgusted, mainly from the fact that Cherry is a year older than him, and has a boyfriend.
and also because she's in love with him, and Cherry is her enemy.
it felt like a stab in the heart when she pushed him against the lockers in a flirtatious way and he smiled.
he couldn't keep his eyes off her lips.
then, they kissed.