2. One Glimpse!

Hello!

"Nalini, I'm home. " I announced as soon as I entered my home.

Getting no response, I locked the door behind before heading inside the house.

Entering the bedroom, panic stroke me when I saw Nalini lying on the bed with her eyes closed.

"Nalini, are you okay? " I asked approaching her and taking her head in my lap.

"Nalini. " I patted her cheek and she stirred in annoyance causing me to sigh in relief.

I closed my eyes and grabbed my hair before leaning on the wall behind the bed.

"Relax di, I'm not dying anytime soon. " I opened my eyes as she spoke and glared at her.

"Say that again and see what I do. " I threatened and a smile came on her lips.

"Why do you get stressed so much di? I was simply sleeping, I'm fine. " She said getting up and cupped my cheeks.

"Unlike Mom and Dad, I won't leave you this soon. " She said with a small smile and I took her in my arms.

"I know and come what may, I'm never letting you go. " I promised and heard her chuckle.

"How was your day di? Did you guys got the deal? " She asked breaking the hug and I smiled at her.

"Finally. " I told her and she smiled lovingly.

"That's amazing. " She exclaimed excitedly causing me to chuckle.

"I know, now tell me, did you had your medicine?" I asked and she nodded.

"Good girl, now you may have a small chocolate. " I told her and she grinned forwarding her hand.

I gave her the little chocolate I had brought for her after taking it out from my bag.

Nalini, my 14 year old sibling got clotting in her brain at the age of 10 due to trauma of losing our parents in a car accident.

I was twenty and the responsibilities were double so I had to take up a side job to educate myself and her, whereas all the savings were being used for her treatment.

I decided not to quit studies as I knew the importance of education for getting a good job and as a result, I'm being paid well and I've began saving for her operation.

Her health condition is deteriorating and I've begun taking over times of work. I'll have to get her treated as soon as possible if I want her  to remain with me for the longest time.

"What are you thinking about di? " I heard her asking and looked at her.

"Work. " I lied and she nodded before getting down from the bed.

"Where are you going? " I asked and she showed her hands.

"To wash my hands and brush my teeth. After that I'll sleep." She told me and I cupped her cheek.

"I'm sorry that I woke you up. " I apologised and she shook her head with a smile.

"It's okay di, I think you should also get changed. " She suggested and I gave her a nod before she headed towards the washroom.

"Nandini, when did you came back? " I saw Mehula Didi standing on the doorstep and got up from the bed and walking towards her.

"Just now Didi." I told her smiling and she smiled back.

"Change and get fresh and then come and have your dinner. "She said.

"I'm not hungry Didi, thank you." I thanked her and she shook her head.

"Eat little but at least eat something. Come soon I'm waiting. " She said before leaving causing me to sigh.

Nalini needed someone all the time and I couldn't be here so I appointment Mehula didi who took care of her even better than me. And not only her, but didi pays attention to my routine as well.

She doesn't leaves until I come back and eat my dinner. She's no less than a family member.

I ate little before she left and then after changing into my comfortable clothes, I headed to Nalini's room.

"Good night Nalini. " I kissed her on her forehead, before heading to my room.

This was our parent's house so it was pretty big and we were saved from paying rent or anything, much to our relief.

Thinking about the hard work that we will have to put for the upcoming project, I felt my eyes shutting and sleep took over me.

.*.*.*.

"Oh my God! Are you serious? " I heard Neha gushing as I entered the lane of my desk.

Sitting on my seat, I was about to put my earphones on to avoid listening to their conversation since the only things they talk about were fashion and gossip, but before I could succeed Megha came to me.

"What is this Nandini? Didn't I ask you to dress up well? What will you do today now? " She asked resting her hands on her hips.

"Why? What's today? " I asked in confusion and the girls exchanged looks.

"Don't tell me you don't know. " Priya said and I shook my head.

"Oh God Nandini, where do you live?" She asked and I looked around for Navya.

"He is coming today Nandini. " Payal said shrieking causing me to flinch at her sound.

"Who?" I asked in confusion.

"Are you serious? Manik Malhotra Nandini, Manik Malhotra is coming today. " Megha said grinning causing my eyes to widen.

"Seriously? " I asked and she nodded fiercely.

"Then we should all focus on our behavior. It will be really good for our company if he gets impress by our performance. And moreover, we will get so much to learn from him. " I told them getting up from my seat and they looked at me weirdly.

"It's okay Nandini. " Megha said before patting my head lightly and went away with the girls.

I shrugged in confusion before shifting my focus on work.

.*.*.*.

"He's so hot! I'm going to faint. " Navya came towards my desk, fanning herself causing me to frown.

"Are you okay?" I offered her a glass of water.

"Nandini!!!  Did you see him? " She asked sitting on her chair.

"He's here? " I asked and she nodded.

"Where? " I asked and she pointed towards boss's cabin.

"I'll be right back. " I headed towards the cabin to find girls already trying to peek inside.

Having no hope of seeing him because of the humongous line in front of me, I decided to go back and concentrate on my work.

Sighing, I headed back to my seat and began focusing on work again.

Soon it was lunch time so I decided to go home and see Nalini for the time being, since she was a bit unwell in the morning.

I headed out of the office and was waiting for the cab when I saw a boy of Nalini's age begging on the road side.

Felling bad for the boy, I took him to the small hotel nearby and bought him some food which he happily took before leaving.

My cab reached as he left and as I was stepping inside it, I caught a glimpse of Manik Malhotra.

He was wearing shades so I couldn't really tell if he was looking at me or somewhere else but I saw his lips tugged up a little.

I couldn't see him properly as the cab began moving and anyways I was not dying to see him either.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked the chapter

Don't forget to turn the white star orange and drop a comment before you leave since all of this is completely free.

Love
Aashi❤