47. Closer Than Thought!

Hello!

15 minutes.

They have been hugging each other for 15 long minutes. Mr. Malhotra is clinging onto her like a child and she is continuously caressing either his hair or back.

I have not seen Mr. Malhotra this vulnerable like he is being in her arms and for some unknown reasons, it's making me really uncomfortable. Even when he came knocking on my door at 4 in the morning, he still didn't looked this way.

"Ise mai apni tareef samjhu ya tauheen, mujhe kabhi gale lga kar nahi roe."

All of a sudden this dialogue from ADHM rang in my mind and I shook my head to get the thought out of my mind. What the actual hell is wrong with me? I'm thinking way too much and that's why these stupid thoughts are coming in my mind.

I cleared my throat, not able to stand in this discomfort anymore but none of them moved even an inch away. Okay.

I decided to leave myself and turned around only to find Victoria standing behind me with a tray of glass of water.

"Why are you still awake?" I asked her, not putting any effort to lower my voice.

"You both haven't eaten anything, we stayed awake to serve you hot food." She told me and I shook my head taking the tray from her hand.

"Go sleep, I'll manage." I told her and she hesitated for a moment before nodding but left anyways.

"Water." I offered Mr. Malhotra, going close to them and he looked at me with swollen eyes while she continued caressing his hair.

Without breaking the hug, he shook his head in negative and then turned his face back towards her neck, holding her tighter.

"Go sleep." His voice was coarse and muffled.

"But—" "Just go." He sounded annoyed, so I just left without another word.

.*.*.*.*.

Rolling on the bed from one side to another, I just couldn't get myself to fall asleep. I was still concerned about what must be happening downstairs.

I looked at the wall clock and it was 4 in the morning. I took out the newspaper, I had hidden underneath the mattress and looked through his article.

It was clearly stated that they were blaming Manik for treachery from his father and then leaving him alone to rot. So basically, blaming him for everything that his father did to him as a child. And now I know why he is this hurt. The words and allegations were so harsh, that it seemed like there was some personal enmity involved which made me even more upset. I just hope you come out Mr. Naren Malhotra and all this turns out to be worth it.

With a heavy heart, I couldn't resist myself from going out and looking for him. As I was walking in the corridors, I  walked passed a room but stopped as I felt a silhouette. Taking a few steps back, I saw the door of the room slightly open.

Peeking through it, without making a noise, I saw Natasha sitting on the bed with Mr. Malhotra lying, keeping his head on her lap.

He was probably fast asleep but Natasha didn't look sleepy at the least, instead she was working furiously on her cellphone and looked really mad.

She made a call and I stood waiting.

"I don't care who the fuck is that man and where the fuck he works, he has hurt Manik Malhotra and he'll have to pay for it. I want to read the news of his death in the morning newspaper and that's it." My eyes widened at her words  and kept my palm on my mouth to avoid any sound coming from it.