44. A Lie!

Hello!

Manik Malhotra. I googled it and his pictures immediately came on my screen.

Wikipedia.

Manik Malhotra is an India based billionaire who currently runs the Malhotra Empire inherited from his father Naren Malhotra.

Here's the information I need. Naren Malhotra. I immediately googled him and there was the usual, businessman, Malhotra Empire, etc, stuff given but one thing that caught my attention was the fact that there was no information given on his current status, where is he, what he does currently, nothing at all. It was just written that he never liked media attention so after handing over his business to his son, he just disappeared from the limelight.

But I need to know where he is, I need to get in touch with him to prove my mother's innocence, it's the only way.

And I guess Amyra can help, but should I call her? What if she tells the Head Of Evil that I was asking about his father? I know he won't like this. But Amyra has always been nothing but nice to me, I think I can trust her... or may be not, but I don't have any other option, she's my only hope.

I need to take this risk.

Hesitantly, I called Amyra but then immediately disconnected it as I remembered she once had told me about Mr. Naren Malhotra. She had told me he lives in London with his mistress, who is of Manik's age. Yeah exactly, she had told me this but I'm sure, even she's not aware of any means of contacting him.

But I need to contact him somehow and if I can't do this on my own, I'll have to get someone else to do this.

I made a fake social media account and looked for a known journalist who was Priya, my ex-coworker's boyfriend's id. If I can't get him, the paparazzi's definitely will.

Thought of giving a tip to a journalist who can use the opportunity pretty well. What could have been the reason of the sudden disappearance of Mr. Naren Malhotra, the former MD of Malhotra Empire has been a question keeping many intrigued but something that no one paid attention to is, what if he's not even alive to answer the curious questions? Why his son never mentions him or he makes any appearances when his son achieves something? A question, I hope worth pondering upon and a story capable of getting trp numbers and a promotion for you.

A pro tip, use it as a question from your own curious and smart mind.

A well wisher.

Rereading the text twice, I just sent it to him with my finger's crossed.

I'm sorry Manik that I had to quote it like this, but I could not think of anything other than this.

And now that this has reached a journalist, the matter won't take long to come in light and then, Mr. Naren Malhotra will have to come out of his shell. He'll have to face the world to prove the allegations that are going to be put on his son, wrong.

I just hope this move doesn't go wrong, as this is probably the only way I can get hold of him. This matter needs to be dragged and I know it'll hurt you Manik, but when the truth will come out, you'll be thankful for all this. In order to help all of us, I had to do this Manik, I'm sorry once again that I had to put it in a way, where you seem suspicious behind the disappearance of your father, but if I hadn't done that, there wasno way he'd come to clarify.

I just hope my plan works Ayyappa, please let it work mumma and Mrs. Malhotra, please help me.

I got startled as my phone buzzed and it was a reply from the journalist.

Who is this? Do you know something that could be of help?

It's you who's going to help, not me.

No one you should be concerned about, I think the matter needs all the attention, not me. Just consider me a well wisher.

I texted back and he read it immediately but no reply came.

I just hope he takes this up, please please please!

I had my eyes closed, praying when heard my phone ring. Opening my eyes, I found Amyra's name flashing on the screen.

"Amyra." I received.

"Hi Nandini, are you fine?" She asked in a concerned tone.

"Yeah, you can say that." I told her in a low tone.

"Nandini, I wish I could help you anyhow but there's nothing we can do. I'm sure he's not treating you right, that's what is expected from him anyways." She said and I looked at my feet but then suddenly, the images of him feeding me and kissing me on my forehead flashed in my mind.

Shaking my head to get rid of those memories, I sighed.

"Well, he is the Head Of Evil and that's undeniable. " I told her and she sighed too.

"But thankfully, this week you will get some relief as he has went to Paris." She told me and I was muddled.

"Paris?" I confirmed.

"Yeah, didn't he tell you? He's gone to Paris, to attend his friend's wedding. " She informed and I felt kind of hurt.

I knew he was lying, but him lying about a friend's wedding was kinda hurtful. If he had told me, I would'nt have asked him to take me along anyways, then why lie?

"Oh he did, I kinda forgot." I covered up. Why? I don't know myself.

"Yeah, but I called you to ask, why did you call me?" She asked and I bit my tongue.

"Oh, that was by mistake, I'm sorry if I disturbed you." I apologized.

"No not at all. You can call me anytime."  She is really kind.

"Thanks, by the way how are you two doing?" I asked. I forgot her husband's name, I seriously have the memory of Chimpanzee.

"We are doing really good too Nandini, by thw way, do you have any plans of coming back to office?" She asked.

"Even I don't know about that, totally depends on him." If he doesn't hurt me again after I heal, I can go back, so yeah, totally depends on him.

"Okay, Nandini, I'll talk to you later, I have a meeting. Take careand enjoy while you are alone."

We disconnected the call with out goodbyes and sat in silence for sometime processing everything.

He has gone for a wedding and he told me he's going for business. It's his friend's wedding, so there are chances of that Butterfly being present there.

But why did he lie, it's not like he knows that I know about Butterfly or may be he does? What if he knows I eavesdrop on his conversation with her? Or what if he meant for me to eavesdrop? What if there's no Butterfly at all? But why would he make all this up? I know he doesn't care about my opinion of him, so why would he do this?

But there has to be some reason, something that I am not supposed to know.

All this is getting more and more confusing with each passing day and I'm starting to lose my mind.

_________________________________________

Manik Malhotra lied, but why?

I know you don't know and that's the fun in it😂

Hope you are liking the story so far.

Love
Aashi ❤