40. What Happened?

Hello!

"Why do you care?" I asked in confusion.

"Because I'm responsible for your condition and for once I want to take the responsibility. " I was literally gaping at his words.

Is he really suffering from bipolar disorder? I'm sure he is.

"What did you—" Before I could compete my sentence, he shoved the spoonful of soup in my mouth causing me to shut up.

"You'll have to take your medications on time and I'll take care of you myself until you are able to run." He said feeding me.

He wasn't looking at me but I wasn't able to take my eyes off his face. I wanted to read his expressions, I needed to know what's going on in the head of this Head of Evil. What's wrong with him?

"What have you eaten today?" I asked raising my eyebrow skeptically.

"Nothing intoxicating, don't worry. I just want to make sure you recover soon." He said wiping the cornor of my lips.

"So that you can start torturing me again? Can't wait to continue, can you?" I asked with the same suspicion and a really small smile on his lips. And no, it wasn't devilish in anyway, if anything it seemed kind.

Am I out of my mind? Kind and he just don't sound possible in a sentence unless the sentence is negative.

I shook my head at my thoughts and felt him touching my forehead with the back of his hand.

"Your fever is gone too. I should inform the doctor." He mumbled and got up but I held his hand.

"What's wrong with you Mr. Malhotra? What is happening?" I asked and I was that tired look on his face, the same tiredness I felt in my dream.

"Everything Nandini, everything is wrong but nothing can be done about it." He answered but seemed like he wasn't talking to me at all, he looked in some other zone.

"Why?" I asked cautiously.

And looked like he came out of his reverie. He blinked a few times before maintaining a straight face and pulling his hand out of my grip.

"Because you are not resting and asking me unneccessary questions. Rest Nandini Murthy, rest." He said before heading out and I looked at the unfinished bowl of soup.

But I'm still hungry.

I tried having it on my own but my hand really hurt. Now I'll have to wait for him I guess, but then the soup will turn cold .

Wait! I can still ring the bell he provided me with. I pressed the bell and he came back running in no time.

"Are you okay?" He asked hastily and I grinned cheekily.

"I'm still hungry." I told him pointing at the soup and he smiled, this time not a small one but a proper smile.

"I thought you can feed yourself. " He said sitting beside me, still smiling.

"I can but I don't have to." I told him shrugging and he began feeding me again.

"Right, just keep it in mind from now on, you don't have to do anything on your own. I'm there, and when I'm not someone else will be there to attend you." He explained like he is explaining to some child.

"Okay Sir." I told him saluting and he smiled looking down.

"Are you okay?" I asked again.

"Yes." He replied simply.

"No you are not." I declined.

"Yes Nandini, I am." He persisted.

"Then why are you smiling so much?" I asked him the question that was bothering me.