Chapter 31

The Entire Knights castle was buzzing with excitement the next morning. Everyone was indulged in completing their chores quickly and impress their Lady on her first day. It was like there was huge celebration taking place when a spectator looks at the excited staff preparing everything that their Lady may need.

Lyndon was given special orders by the Lord to arrange a carriage for the Lady specially if she wanted to go out anytime. Lucy was given the responsibility tagging along with Lady Ella everywhere she goes and looks after her.

The whole castle was preparing for this day from years and when the time came that their Lord finally swooped his Lady, everything they have done till that moment fell lacking.

"We have an early breakfast everyday and it will be served just on time. You need to keep up with the time and Lucy will help you understand few other trivial rules." Xander spoke up once he pulled a chair for Ella in the dining room. He couldn't express the amount of joy he was feeling the moment he sat beside her as her husband.

Ella nodded her head slightly trying to remember the rules. She still couldn't get the fact into her head that she was now wife of a Lord and she was now a Lady. Though she didn't know why she was involved in the marriage with the Lord, she did felt a sense of peace from the past couple days.

No doubt there are many rules and disciplinary policies that set boundaries, but following them was not tough. They were simple and definite that needs to be acted upon at the given circumstance; otherwise she was free to do anything she liked and go anywhere that would give her the enjoyment.

What Ella liked the most about all the set of rules system was, they were not just for the staff or the visitors but the Lord himself follow them too. Xander was a person of limits. He makes them, follows them and makes certain others follow them too.

"Hmm." Ella hummed in positive after hearing another couple of simple rules and nodded in understanding. Xander couldn't help but smile at his adorable wife who was making an effort to learn his way of living and not just learning but understand it too.

He knew she was still hesitant around him but that was expected. She had many questions and many puzzles that she was looking up to solve them. Though his secrets were dark and implausible, he would give her the answers slowly in due time so she gets prepared for the biggest truth he was hiding under his sleeves.

"Alright Love, I have some work to be done and few correspondence to answer too so I will take your leave. Lucy will guide you to the flower garden for your first lesson." Xander stood up from his chair and pulled Ella into his arms, kissing her fully on her lips.

"Lesson?" Ella asked in confusion. What lesson? She suddenly got scared and started thinking if she had done anything wrong to receive a harsh lesson.

"Shush Ella. You did not do anything wrong. Shush." Xander hushed her and pulled her into his chest patting her back soothingly. "This is not the kind of lesson given for offenders."

Ella sniffed back her tears and pulled back from his arms looking into his eyes for confirmation. "No?"

"Dear heavens, No. I know you like colors and I know you try to use them in variety of things so I called a governess for you so you can learn painting and flowers assembling. You like flowers, don't you?" Xander explained to while Ella nodded once and relaxed in his arms once she got the clarification she needed.

"But – Is it alright for me to learn it?" Ella was not a high bred or an aristocrat person to be learning such exclusive skills.

"Why not? Dear, I will be occupied with work the whole day and I do not want my wife to stay jaded and spend time getting scared about the past. You have a new life with me now and you will get to learn all you craved for." Ella was touched by Xander's words. No one had ever done something like that for her. All the people she knew only used her and threw after the work is done. Never did anyone asked how she was and how she was feeling.