Chapter 51

Xander could hear the loud wails of Knox Garrick and the pleas of mercy from his daughter Blythe Garrick. He should've felt even a tad bit of pity for them but he knew he couldn't grow any compassion even he tried so.

They were monsters from inside out and the only justice for their wrong deeds was to show them what a hell is.

By the time he came back to the residential wing, all the staff was working on the upcoming wedding that would be taking place that night.

The staff can hear the screams coming from the dungeons but they pretended to not care about it. It was not anything new for them to come across such harsh punishments that the Lord had given to traitors and immoral.

But this time, it was more ruthless than before and the staff could understand that considering their Lady had gone through so much, it was normal for the Lord to torture them cruelly.

"Gode." Xander approached the lean woman who has been crying out her eyes from past weeks for her best friend. Those past days, Gode could hardly eat or drink anything which turned her pale and skinny.

"Xander." She mumbled and turned around to face the tired looking Lord who can burst out into tears anytime soon.

"The arrangements are finished. It is time for you to go and get ready while Lucy and I take care of Ella." Gode said briefly without an ounce of emotion.

Gode had done a lot and went through dangerous lengths to get her best friend from the hell hole those heartless people created. After all the trouble they had gone throughout, when finally she was handed with the happiness she deserved, it was quickly snatched away from her.

"Hmm." Xander answered shortly and strode towards his bed chamber with intent steps. This wedding would be their only way to get his Ella back. If they fail in this attempt, then he could possibly lose her forever.

He prayed to heavens for kindness.

Not taking much time, he changed into his wedding outfit quickly and walked down to the ball room where the wedding will be held. By the time he walked in, the pastor was already present along with the staff of the castle crowding the hall.

Only when he walked to the further into the room towards the dais was when he noticed the back of Gode and Lucy laying unconscious Ella into a sitting position in the chair arranged for her.

She was wearing the same wedding gown which she wore five years ago when she married him for the first time. Her hair was arranged into a tight bun on the top of her head and there was a flower bouquet placed loosely in her hands.

She did not look nice. In fact she looked all dead and almost festered. That was the very first time Xander felt Ella ugly.

"My Lord" The pastor bowed his head briefly to the Lord and looked at the bride with pitiful eyes. Xander nodded curtly and walked to the chair where Ella was seated.

He bent down on his one knee and caressed her cold cheek as he looked at her form.

May the almighty count the merits he had done and bless him her life.

"Proceed with the task" He commanded the pastor who cleared his throat to start the wedding.

"My Lord, you cannot exchange vows as the bride is not in a state to speak but I have made a parchment with both your vows on it. Both of you put your hands on it while I read the vows on behalf of you both." The Pastor said handing him a parchment spread on a flower tray.

Xander placed Ella hands on the parchment and placed his on hers.

"In the presence of the holy God, the bride, Lady Ella Rosemary vows to the groom, Lord Xander Knight as her husband to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do them part - abide in peace and love until life's end" The pastor said and took a breath continuing with the groom's vows.

Once the groom nodded his head in agreement with the vows, the pastor asked the Lord to place the ring on the Lady's finger and kiss the bride.

Xander held Ella's hand delicately and placed the diamond ring on her finger and pecked her hand. When he raised his head up from her hand, his eyes were wet and a tear escaped his eyes.

That was the first ever time that he showed his weak side to a third person. For the very first time the staff saw their Lord crying before them. They did not know that the cruel and ruthless Lord can ever let his emotion take control over him but the impending death of Lady Ella has broke the barriers of his heart.

"Leave" The Lord ordered. Quickly enough all the people present in the ball room scurried away outside along with Gode and Xavier. They can understand and feel the sentiments of the Lord. They just wanted to give them a little alone time as he wished.

The staff unanimously prayed for their Lady's wellbeing. Gode and Xavier paced outside the closed room in panic as time passed by.

"Ella. Please wake up at least now. We are married again now you should wake up. Wake up for me, darling. Please." Xander cried touching his forehead with his.

The wedding ended but Ella did not show any sign of recovery yet which took and toll of panic in him.

Why was she not waking up? She should be waking up by the time.

She should wake up no matter what. He loves her so much to even lighten a life inside her.

She has to wake for him. She loved him as Alexander and Xander and in both cases she was bound to him.

"I order you to wake up, Ella. I am a very dangerous man and if you do not wake up you have pay a hefty price. I command you as you Lord to open your eyes for me." He said in an authoritative tone. "Open your eyes, Ella. You will regret if you do not do so. P-please, Please I beg you at least now wake up." His voice turned from harsh to soft as another wave of vulnerability crashed him.

Tears seeped out like an angry storm intending to destroy everything on its way. Xander pecked her forehead softly followed by both of her pale cheek and the closed in to her lips.

His lips were wet with his tears but it did not stop him from kissing her lips. "Darling, I love you. I love you so very much that it is killing me to watch you this way. What do I have to do to wake you up? Should I kneel down before you and beg you? I will do anything just – just come back to me, Ella." He cried out taking her lips into a passionate kiss.

He kept mumbling her to wake up and come back to him in her mouth during the kiss.

Just when he was about to lean back from the kiss, he heard something – Something very distant, small but he did hear the soft sound.

Moments into the kiss later, he heard the small sound of a cough again and this time, he leant back to look at his Ella for the affirmation he needed.

He looked at the blank face of his wife and shook his head at the illusions. Another cough was heard but this time it was a little louder than the previous one and Xander noticed the source of it.

It was her. His Ella.

Soon enough Ella erupted into fits of coughs and Xander couldn't help but smile because it was the only sound she made in all those weeks of being bedridden.

Ella took a long breath and opened her eyes half way through before slipping into unconscious again.

"LYNDON, CALL THE PHYSICIAN." Xander yelled, carrying Ella in his arms, running out of the room to their bedchamber.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next Chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think of Xander's vulnerability?

Ella woke up?

Did she really wake up or was it something else?

If she really woke up, what do you think was the key to wake her up?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends

Lots of Love

Lady Prim