Chapter 44

"What do you mean 'bound by magic'?" Xander questioned in an eerily hoarse voice that hummed destruction around the castle. His orbs welcomed the red fury plaguing his senses.

The attacker went as far as to use magic to kill Ella? Magic?

Xavier and Gode were stunned as when they heard what the doctor had said. Lyndon was silent all the time finding neither courage nor courtesy to talk between the Lords but worry was clearly displaying on his creased forehead.

"Why do you presume that there was magic? Isn't using magic a myth?" Xavier questioned in Xander's place as he knew just by the look on Xander's face that he was controlling the urge kill anyone who comes in his way.

What had sweet poor Ella has ever done to anyone that everyone was against her like they were out to catch a monster?

"Master Xavier, Magic is anything but a myth. Sorcery, witchery is still present today. My late aunt was a practitioner of black sorcery and she gave me a little knowledge about them. Although I do not have a cure for it, I know it when I see the effects." John informed wistfully holding Ella's hand and lifting it up to other's notice.

"You see the Lady's nails, My Lord! They are slowly turning black." John reflected the golden candle light on Ella's fingers. "This is not due to poison but it is black spell." He proceeded with a rueful sigh.

Xander took an intake of harsh breath looking at his unconscious little wife. He had promised himself that he would protect the precious girl with his life and looking at her lifeless body, he was burning for revenge.

He would not give an easy death to the person who had put her Ella in such predicament. If anything were to happen to her he would kill the whole region ruthlessly and the only thing that he would like was their blood.

"You may leave. Come by the noon of tomorrow and check the Lady again." Xander commanded and nodded curtly at the doctor. Doctor John was already feeling the regret to be unable to help the Lady. He could clearly see the love and devotion the Lord has for his wife and that made it even more apologetic to the doctor.

Lyndon escorted the doctor out of the castle while Lucy proceeded to the kitchen to get warm water for the second course of medicine.

"It's dangerous." Xander clipped out, dropping beside Ella and taking her into his arms in a protective hug.

"What?" Gode asked for the first time and looked appalled at Xander's confession. It's dangerous?

What was dangerous?

"The spell." He sighed and tightened his hold around Ella's sleeping body and pecked her forehead. "It was a simple spell to use but it is dangerous and tough to break it. I know for certain that this kind of magic spells consume the person's soul little by little until there's no soul or life inside the body." He knew about such magic and he had his doubts when he noticed Ella's nails changing their colour.

But what he didn't know was the cure. He knows magic and could perform many things that other witches or wizards might not. He was powerful but what he lacked was enough knowledge.

Magic was not what Xander acquired by birth or by skill. It chose him by fate. He was the one who defied dead and the one who the devil himself escorted out from hell. He was known to be the Devil's favorite survived.

Having plenty of paranormal power, he was still powerless when it came to saving the person who meant more than his life.

"What are we to do now, Xander? We cannot let something harsh happen to her now. Not now when she was finally in the womb of happiness." Gode whimpered. She couldn't stop blaming herself for Ella's present state. She could've saved her or better prevented the happen. What has nature had against Ella for throwing her into the mouth of misfortune?

"What if we approach Madonna for help?" Xavier proposed looking at his brother. "As you know, you have the power to save her. You have more than enough power to break a spell like such but what we need to know is what to do." Xavier continued knowing that was the exact thought his brother has in his mind from quite some time. He knows his brother too well and he cannot let something bad happen to his sister-in-law if he wanted his brother sane.

Ella was his brother's life.

"Madonna? You mean by the sacred witch?" Gode exclaimed looking bewildered at the suggestion. "Why would we ask that evil person for help? She is as enemy as Knox Garrick, who might be the person behind the attack." Gode did not understand the brothers' thoughts.

"Because she is a clever person who stands on the side where she find more authority. She helped Knox till date because Knox was practicing to mend black sorcery but she knew that now Lord Knight is the one with more influence, not to mention the abnormal powers he contain." Xander answered her and turned towards Xavier with a look of determination.

He would get this chaos fixed. He is Xander Knight, the most powerful person in the whole region and he would get everything fixed soon.

"Did you investigate what I asked you for?" Xander asked Xavier to which the latter nodded positively.

"Yes, I did. It is undoubtedly Knox who shot the arrow and also obviously behind the magic but I'm almost certain that any of the castle staff are not in cahoots with Knox." He confirmed. "Not even his daughter, Blythe." Xavier nodded positively at the narrowed look Xander gave him.

He knew it. It should be Knox who went through it. He knew it. Xander was gripping tight fist with the wild enragement which was fogging his senses.

He cannot loose Ella again. He wouldn't at any cost.

"Gode, look after Ella and do not leave her alone even for a moment. You and Lucy are the only women I can trust with her." Gode nodded at Xander and sat beside Ella on the soft bed where she was laid in sleep.

"Xavier, investigate about the matter closely. I wish to know the further details by morning. I need to pay a visit to the witch right now." Xavier nodded and left the room giving a sideway glace at quietly sobbing Gode.

Madonna should be having a cure to break the spell. She should be having it as she was one powerful witch. But Xander still couldn't get over the shudder he experienced at the thought of loosing his Ella.

Oh heavens, he only got her just days ago. He only got to spend few months with her and he was just feeling happy for pulling her out of her ill-fated life. He was supposed to keep her surrounded by only love and respect but where did he go wrong to see a day like such.

His Ella...!

What he would not do to keep her with him for eternity.

Xander walked down the dark hallways of the Knights castle and stopped once he found Lyndon coming his way.

"Lyndon, I have a chore for you." He clipped when Lyndon nodded eagerly to help as much as he could to get the life of Lady Ella back.

"Get to the cave the sacred witch resides and escort her to southern part of pine woods near the pond. Tell her I would like to meet her there with an important issue to discuss. If she refuses to come along, tell her that I would give her an immediate painless death." He ordered with his eyes turning red for the umpteenth time that night.

The moment Ella wakes was the moment he would put every bit of his time in destroying Knox. Knox didn't know who he rattled.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is up. Enjoy!

Do you think Ella will ever wake up?

Will Xander be able to break the spell off his wife?

What, the spell slowly consumes the soul? Can Xander save her in time?

What will happen to Knox now?

Please shower me with votes and comments

Share my books with your friends

Lots of Love

Lady Prim