Chapter 34

Knox trembled at the mere thought of either the Lord or the town people getting to know about his previous tactics. He had done many thing, plotted many plans to get what he always wanted.

Oh no, he cannot let his deep secrets get discovered by anyone. He was yet to do a lot to reach where he always wanted to be. Everything he had done till date was just to have his ambition accomplished .

"What suppose, if the Lord come to know that Ella's wedding to a dead body was not to save the town but it was the first ritual you have performed to become invincible." Madonna was constantly trying to rile up Knox in return for an amusing reaction.

Madonna knows that it wouldn't take a long time for the Lord to figure everything out. It was just the matter of time and time of wits. What would the Lord do when he comes to know the whole dirty secret of Knox?

It was interesting and an intriguing thought for Madonna to guess the torment Knox would be facing in the future.

"He would never know. No one would ever know about it. I am almost half way through the rituals and I cannot let the young Lord destroy my efforts." No he would not let anyone destroy his hard work.

Knox somehow saw the soft spot the Lord has for Ella and if he was not wrong then it was not silly to assume that the Lord likes her. But the same liking the Lord might have for Ella can be his end. Knox can any way convince the town members and manipulate them even after his secret was out but the Lord was totally another matter.

"Just because a woman looked like a witch does not mean she is indeed a witch. The woman who gave you the list of rites to be performed to become invincible, might not even be a real witch and must have been just using you." Madonna replied looking at her painted nails exquisitely.

He was working hard doing every absurd ritual so he can become as powerful as a devil. The woman he met years ago was no doubt a very powerful witch. He can recognize a witch at one glance and he was very certain that the woman he had met years ago was indeed a witch.

"I know when I see a witch, Madonna. The Lady said she would give me the rites to be performed to achieve what I wanted in return I was asked to clear her traces and send her into an isolated hiding when I did quite easily. It was not easy to perform the rites and I would complete them anyway possible." Madonna scoffed at the foolish town head who thinks he could attain his target.

Madonna knew that the Lady he met, who gave him the catalog of rites to be performed was actually a witch. She knew it. She was trying to save Knox from digging his own grave anymore. He was already registered in the eye of the Lord and if he greedily went anymore deep into attaining the invincibility, his end would be more terrifying.

"The catalog the Lady gave me was the only way to please the devil and become one of the powerful being on the earth. I had to sin every edge of my body. I had to be the reason for many beings distress and I did it by creating a false dearth and managed to suffer the whole town in hunger and death. I had to marry off a young virtuous maiden to a dead body in order to feed the devil with a young living soul. I did that. I had to make people around me into sinners and I attained it by making the whole town kill Ella's family. I had to be widower to do the next ritual and for that I killed my wife into blood and offered her blood in fire to the devil." Knox had sinned then a devil himself. He had done everything and will continue to do everything without an obstacle.

He was now desperate to complete the catalog of sins as quick as possible since he had no time to waste further.

Everything, everything from the forging a drought and throwing Ella's life into a sacrifice to murdering his wife by slicing her over hundred times so nobody can recognize her, he did everything and when he was already on the path, there was no going back.

The only thing he need to do was take every step cautiously.

"The next sin you have to attempt is to force a maiden and break her innocence. You were planning to do that when fortunately I said the way to calm the storm was to deflower a virgin widow. You almost had her but the Lord took her at the last moment." Madonna completed looking at Knox seriously.

She was alright with helping Knox earlier but when the Lord came into the story, she could not go further and help Knox with his rites. She clearly knows that the Lord was far more powerful than her and she would not risk her powers or her freedom for a foolish human like Knox.

She would just warn him on more time and then she was not going to collaborate with him anymore.

"No, I had accomplished that just last night and also killed the young lady. She was so young and beautiful, travelling with a batch of people but poor girl got away from the flock and roamed around alone. May her soul cry and suffer until the sin on my head proliferate ten folds." Knox chuckled maliciously and gulped the ale thirstily.

Such a soft and a young maiden she was, so delicate and so sweet when tasted. Her cries of agony gave Knox a thrill and a sadistic satisfaction. When he was done with the fair young maiden that morning, she was already at the brink of her death so eliminating the little life out of her was not a tough task.

"Might I remind you Knox that sin not only please the devil but in other occasion it was also taken as challenging him. The Devil you are out to impress was a twisted, dark and a tainted creature. See that you are not in his interest." Knox disregarded Madonna's warning, giving her a smug smile telling her that he was confident to win the battle.

Knox should get his daughter to talk about what happened to her earliest possible so he can get a chance to finish little Ella's life smoothly.

The lass he used as a stepping stone for his triumph was now becoming a hurdle. He needs to do something to Ella and the Lord before they create another hurdle in his way. He needs to kill Ella and make the Lord wed his daughter.

Everything is fair for a king and he want to be that king where whatever he did would be never questioned. That he can only achieve he was a relative to Lord Knight.

But then again, his next ritual was to burn thirteen people alive and what more auspicious can it be when the very ritual was marked begin with little Ella?

But this time he need to concoct such a plan that even the Lord couldn't be able to save her. For that, Ella should be out of Lord's reach for just few moments and he can do his task quite smooth.

He might need to talk to his daughter first to get little Ella out of the safety of the castle.

"Madonna, how early can you perform the rites to see the life of the Lord?" Knox asked her to which Madonna answered him that it would take handful days to get everything ready.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is up. Enjoy!

Knox is a complete jerk. Who agrees?

He has done so much due to which Ella and the other young girl whom he killed the previous night suffered a lot.

Do you think the Lord should kill Knox once and for all?

Poor Ella, just when peace and joy knocked her door, Knox is again plotting for her demise.

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends

Lots of Love

Lady Prim