Chapter 52

The physician examined the Lady who was coughing continuous and taking hard breaths. She did not open her eyes which was making everyone in the room panic with negative thoughts.

The physician dropped a dark medicinal ball in her mouth washing it down with water and asked the Lord to rub Ella's hands to create a friction of heat in them while Gode was rubbing Ella's feet.

Hours later, the fits of coughs were seized and Lady Ella was able to take proper breaths. She was still unconscious but her skin was getting warmer which was a huge relief. Though the Lord was not certain when he would get to see his wife's beautiful eyes again, but the notion of his Ella get better was a reassurance.

Days passed by and the Lord occupied himself with punishing the Garrick father and daughter. Blythe Garrick was beyond broken who was transformed into a mute toy. Her eyes lost focus and she keeps looking into nothing. Her answers were only given by a simple shake of head.

Lord Xander Knight only wished to kill Knox Garrick but for his daughter, he wanted to keep her alive to serve his wife as a redemption for the sins she had done to her.

On the other hand, Knox Garrick was well and healthy. He did not have a bruise on his skin and the only pain he was enduring was coming from inside of his body. Few days after the Lord pushed the dark energy into Knox, he slowly became resistant to the pain and struggle which motivated the Lord to increase the power.

Knox was almost dead by the time the dark energy was increased inside him for the third time. He did not understand why the Lord was keeping him alive when his body, mind and soul was at the point of death any moment.

But he did not except the person who was standing before him with the regal dangerous stance to take up the responsibility of tormenting him further.

Lord Lucius Emor.

Why was he here?

What had he done to the Good Lord to hold such a grudge against him?

"I am grateful to you, Xander." Lord Lucius muttered looked at Knox Garrick with a fierce deadly look.

"I had avenged for my wife all these weeks. From this point of time, he cannot be able to move his body to his wish. He is yours from here. I will be waiting for his death news, Emor." The Lord said completely understanding the hurt Lord Lucius Emor went through due to Knox Vermin.

Lucius has every right to avenge for his family as well; after all the hurt he went through was much more than his.

"I would be taking him to my castle and give him his death there." Lord Lucius said and flicked his fingers for guard. He ordered the guard to chain Knox Garrick and put him in a carriage with him.

"How is Lady Ella?" He asked for which Lord Knight sighed with a negative shake of his head.

"The physician did say she was out of danger and was getting healthy day by day but she did not wake up yet." Lord Knight sighed and looked at his friend with a tight smile.

"It has been just one week and she needs time to gather energy to wake up. She will soon. By the way what was the cure to break the spell?" Lord Lucius asked curiously because he knows about such spells and he had seen many die to it.

When he was travelling to Knightsfort after receiving letter from Xander, he heard what Knox had done to his wife and the Lord was totally heartbroken. Xander was not a weak shell to crack he was strong and resistant; so when he heard of the news, he could not believe his dear friend was showing his weak spot.

"My tears and kiss." This time Lord Knight gave a genuine smile. "It was my tears that should be consumed by her and somehow, fortunately it happened while I was kissing her." For the first time Xander Knight felt proud of himself for weeping.