Chapter 43

Hearing the pained shouts of Gode, Lucy scurried to the recreation room hurriedly and banged the door open only to face the horrifying scene before her.

Ella was sprawled on the hard wooden floor unconscious and Gode was trying to wake her up pulling out needle arrow from Lady Ella's neck. Lucy gasped and ran out to the stables to inform the Lord about it only to find him appear in the recreation room out of nowhere.

"Ella! Love!" Xander picked up her body and dashed to their bed chamber, placing her safely on the soft bed. What has happened to his wife?

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" Xander glowered at Gode looking nothing less than a devil without a bridle.

If there was any depiction for erupting volcano, then it would be Xander himself at the moment he saw his Ella swoon taking harsh breaths.

Gode provided the needle arrow which was shot on Ella's neck "We were conversing when Ella walked to the window and was happily talking to me one moment and next this arrow was stuck in her neck." She whispered in the midst of sobs. "Someone was waiting outside for a right possibility, I assume." She produced.

Oh no, he was not going to lose her again. He would bring the heavens and hells down to earth if he had to steal his wife's life away from them.

She just came into his life after a lot of struggle and he would never let her leave him. She was his and only his and no force can defy him and take his wife away from him.

His Ella!

Xavier, the worried brother of the Lord rushed the good old physician to the castle as far as going to the lengths of picking him up and carrying the old doctor in bridal style. If it was not a moment of dreaded importance, then everyone would have laughed in amusement at the way Xavier carried the doctor.

The physician arrived and verified Ella also testing the arrow that was shot. The assessment took long hour, not to mention the physician's face getting pale every passing moment.

Ella's neck started turning bluish green and the physician's worry was sky touching as time passed by as his medication was not working on her. On the other hand Xander held hand of Ella's and was stumped how hot it was getting.

Ella was running a fever.

"I apologize, my Lord, but the venom arrow contain is out of my knowledge. I have not seen something like that till this day." The physician, John Brooker, said taking a note of Ella's pulse.

Xander's hand fisted into a tight grip looking monstrously towards the quivering doctor. "Are you telling me you cannot save my wife? I thought you are the finest doctor out there?" Xander growled pinning the poor physician with his glare.

"My Lord, I am quite sorry but the venom was not a usual one. I do not understand what was used to make it. It was not from snakes or scorpions but this seems to have toxic herbs. I shall take this arrow and look closely, My Lord. Until then, mix the powder in lukewarm water and make Lady Ella swallow it. It can bring the fever down for now. " John supplied a dried powder of medicinal herbs to the Lord.

John Brooker, who was a well respected physician and known to be a God of Medication couldn't point out an ailment for the first ever time. He was astonished at the knowledge the attacker has over toxins to be able to pull out venom of such lethal.

"Lucy, prepare the medication and make certain to give it to your Lady. Gode, stay with Ella and do not leave her alone." Xander ordered callously gesturing Xavier to follow him to their study chamber.

Once Xavier closed the door for their private conversation, Xander punched the hard rock wall giving a dent to it. He was furious. Like a lion hungry, he wanted to torment and kill the person who dared to attack his wife and he would certainly do it once he gets hands on that bloody vermin. History would record the torment he would give as a merciless monster to his Ella's attacker.

"Brother, calm down first." Xavier sat in a large chair opposite to Xander's. Xavier was concerned too he could not afford to stay enraged when he has to calm down his brother. "You will be able to act rightly only when you compose yourself." Xander knew his brother was right.

He needs to compose his act. He needs to do it for his Ella and he would not let anything happen to her.

"Do you think it was one of the staff that attacked her as only staff was allowed in and around that part of woods." Xavier talked once Xander was finally calm. He was just calm from outside, from inside he was anything but serene.

"Yes. But I also think this attack has to do with someone outside castle too." Xander answered running a hand through his hair. "Find out. If you have to dig the darkest parts of a cave, then do it but I need you to find out people involved in this."

Xavier can understand his brother's pain. He found the happiness after a long fight and time and people are testing his love and endurance.

"I will start digging, right the moment. But as amusing as it sound, I assume the venom Ella was given is not just a toxin. It should have something else that even John was finding hard to unearth." Xander hummed in response at Xavier's doubts. Frankly, even Xander had same doubts about it.

It had been hours that Xander and Xavier had locked up themselves in the study chamber along with Lyndon who joined them later. Xander ordered Lyndon to take special measures for Ella personally and ordered that only Lucy and Gode could attend Ella other than them.

Late that night the Physician walked into the castle hastily, carrying a case of different sorts of tools. Lyndon hurried John to Lady Ella's room, who was lying on bed there unconscious still and the bluish green skin was not cleared yet. Her fever was better but was recurrent.

The Lord was lying beside his Ella, rubbing his fingers against her skin soothingly, whispering his promises to take better care of her. Her body was still hot and her always red lips were chapped and pale. She looked very much like a sick person who has only little days of survival.

"My Lord, John is here. May I escort him inside?" Lyndon's voice broke through the closed door and Xander immediately stood up from bed humming in approval.

Lyndon was ordered to inform Xavier and Gode about the physician's arrival and allowed the doctor into his bed chamber.

John assessed Ella's pulse and her eyes also assessing the change of her skin colour."My Lord, the reason I couldn't detect the toxin earlier this day was because it was not one poison that was used. The venom was a combine of deadly nightshade, castor bean and another plant which has no name yet." John announced meekly, tensed at what he was about to tell further.

"And you have medication for it, aren't you?" Xander asked with a controlled voice looking every inch of a beast with bright red predatory eyes.

Just at that moment, Xavier and Gode rushed inside causing the doctor to gulp in fear.

"Yes I do, My Lord. I have just the right cure for the venom." John pulled out a small bottle of brewed medicine and a sachet of pills and handed them to Gode who immediately planted them inside Ella's mouth.

"But?" Xander raised an eyebrow well aware of the hesitation the doctor was showing from the moment he arrived.

Xander could finally breath a breath of relief but he knew there was more to say by the doctor and he knew it was not a good news.

"But My Lord, there was also something deadly used then the venom." John answered gathering troubled glances from the people in the chamber.

"The venom was bound by magic, My Lord. Although the venom can be cured by the medication, Lady Ella may not wake up until the magic inside her is broken."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K FOLLOWS!

What do you think? Who attacked Ella?

The attacker used deadly combination of poisons and bound it by magic?

Who could do that?

Please shower me with votes and comments

Share my books with your friends

Lots of Love

Lady Prim