Chapter 48

"Yo-u, Chief?" Alexander struggled to talk with the immense pain he was enduring. His body was not moving to his will and stilled paralyzed from the moment he was given the drug from the needle.

"Why?" He managed to ask, still struggling to move his body.

Chief Radburn smiled sardonically and knelt down before the unmoving body of Alexander while giving a small laugh of victory to Lord Knight.

"Because you were getting close to discover my secrets, just like your father." Chief Radburn replied harshly and patted Alexander's cheek, giving him a fake sorry look.

Alexander sucked the air in gasp when realization dawned onto him. "You killed my father?" He asked, several emotions gushing into him at a same time.

His face was getting red due to the struggle also due to the drug and his breath was coming short after every moment. Alexander wanted to fight, he wanted to kill the person who killed his father and who was pretending to be a good guy before others.

"Few years ago, your father too got a whiff of something going wrong with the treasure we robbed. He suspected that the treasure was not given to help the poor and other unfortunate form of people so he started looking for the dishonest person who was using the money all for themselves in the name of service, just like you. You had be suspecting the same thing from a long time, aren't you?" When Chief started confessing what had happened years ago, Lord Knight knelt beside Alexander with a sharp knife and stabbed him in the stomach brutally.

Alexander sucked another long breath trying to bear the pain and fight against the drug that was keeping him still.

No he needed to do something and help his people from the very person they trust so much!

"Nah, do not worry, we will not kill you until you know the whole story. At least you deserve that, boy." Chief Radburn smiled amusingly at the trashing body of Alexander.

"So, where were we? Yes. You see, I work so hard to rob people, for what? To bestow them for poor? Do you see me like a fool? So one day, I happened to meet one of my very old friends –" Chief pointed his hand towards Lord Knight who was sitting beside him, "- and we planned to gain some good wealth for ourselves. The Lord provided me with the security I needed and I provide him with the half of the wealth I earn. A very beneficial alliance, don't you think so?" Lord Knight chuckled amusingly at his friend's storytelling skill.

Alexander, who was listening to the wrongs his chief was doing until then, wanted to rip both the men limb by limb. If only his body was not paralyzed, he would have given them the years of pain they had given to people.

That when he understood that the feeling of something amiss he felt all the time during the night. The plan to loot Lord Knight was a trap for him. They wanted to kill him without any one suspecting them so they had planned to show the world that Alexander was dead in the hands of Lord Knight's soldiers when he was caught stealing.

"I – will K-K-ill you." Alexander uttered with conviction to which both the men guffawed at the wounded man.

"How? You should be alive in the first place to hurt us, dear boy. Now that you know my deepest secret, you have to leave this world, I'm sorry. But do not worry about your mother and brother though; I will take care of them like my own." Chief said and stabbed Alexander in the heart and twisted the knife to make it more painful.

Chief Radburn did not give Alexander even a moment to ponder on the revelation and just killed him brutally like he did the same to his father years ago.