-Fear

Ryder

I hear my alarm go off and I quickly dismiss it, not wanting to wake up Rose.

She's stressed out nowadays, keeping secrets from me and it kills me inside.

I stretch out my arms, reaching for Rose's waist, just to hold her closer, she's too far away. I can't feel her.

My arms land on the bed and blankets but no Rose. Panic sparks in my heart and I jump up, looking around for her and yet the bed remains empty.

My eyes shift up to search around the room but again find nothing.

"Rose!"

She promised. She promised. She promised.

The words repeat in my mind over and over.

"Rose!!" I yell, getting up off the bed, rushing to the bathroom.

I look inside. The bathtub lays as vacant as the rest of the room.

I almost lose it.

"Rose!!? Where are you?!" I shout louder, leaving my room only in my boxers to look around the house.

I go room to room.

She said she would stay. She's Queen now. My woman, my-

I freeze in the entrance to the kitchen and watch as Rose bites into her sandwich.

She notices me and smiles.

"Oh morning, do you want one?" She says with her mouth full," I can toast up some more bacon really quick, I want another one anyway so I'l--"

I cut her off running to her, grabbing her waist and pulling her to my chest. I feel my tense muscles relax as she stands in my arms.

"Don't ever scare me like that ever again." I whisper against her forehead.

"You were scared? Just now? For what?... Wait, was it cause I wasn't in bed?" She suppresses her laughter as her eyes wonder to the sweat beading on my face.

"You big ass baby! I got hungry, chill out. I'm not going anywhere." She says this looking at my cheeks holding both sides of my face in her hands.

"You left before once, so don't blame me if I'm careful." I say under my breath, pouting.

She loves my pout.

"Aww, Ryder thinks he's cute. I'm going upstairs to get ready. Could you give me another one of these if you make some?!" She shouts getting further away.

I pout for real now.

"Sure!" I respond, leaning against the counter.

I hear a thanks in the distance and smile to myself.

She's not going anywhere.

I sigh, calming myself.

She's not leaving.

Rose

I stand outside next to Ryder in front of the gang.

I look down at my new watch I stole from Ryder's office as 6:00 am hits.

"Okay, you guys know the drill let's run!" I shout, beginning my stride. Ryder starts, at my pace, right beside me and we lead the group around their laps.

Caleb stays behind today but Lucas easily finds his way next to us.

"Hi boss, hi boss's wife so what are we doing today?" He smiles brightly at us and out of the corner of my eye I see Ryder smirk at the word 'wife' but honestly thats the least of my worries.