-Need

Ryder

The phone slips to the floor and I can't help the suffocating feeling absorbing me. I put my hand on my heart and try to contain the pain of what seems like a thousand cuts washed with alcohol.

I begin hyperventilating as I fall off the couch, on to the cold tile floor.

Why would she say that?

I don't need you.

No, no.

I said yes.

Stop, don't lie.

I'm breaking up with you.

"I don't want to hear it!"

There's a reason. I know there is. But those words still cut so deep. She couldn't have meant it. She loves me, she's doing this to protect me again, keeping me in the dark.

I can't sit around and do nothing this time.

I have to go to her. I have to go alone, the men aren't for war yet and I can't let them die meaningless deaths. Not after having them train so hard for this battle. I just need to see her.

A life without her at this point...

My lungs feel tight as I struggle to breathe. My body begins shaking and I wrap my arms around my knees.

I can't lose myself to my nightmares, Rose wouldn't leave me for fucking Caleb.

Caleb's been really sweet to me...

Being sweet wouldn't win her over, especially not after he kidnapped her and brought her to her father. It's a lie. It has to be.

"Ryder, are you in- Ryder!" Lucas and Ethan rush to my side.

"What the fuck happened?" Ethan kneels close to me while Lucas crouches near the couch.

"Get Will. Tell him I need the fastest flight to Italy right now and also where Rose is." My voice shakes as I try to get up. My legs feel heavy and I'm a bit dizzy but there's no time to worry about it.

"Wait, Ryder. Rose said to stay here-"

"I don't give a fuck! I'm going. Don't try to stop me, seriously. I don't feel stable right now. I might do something I regret. Get off me." I shrug their hands off me and ignore the trembling, trying to make my way to Will's office. Ethan and Lucas tail me.

"Ryder, listen, you have to tell us what happened. Why are you being like this?!" Lucas jogs pass me on the stairs and blocks my path.

"Talk." Ethan sits on the steps next to him and I can barely hold back my anger.

"You're fucking shaking, Ryder! What's wrong?" Ethan shouts, getting up now along with Lucas.

I clench my fist and squeeze my eyes closed.

"Rose called me, just now. She told me not to come, and that she was getting married to Caleb. She said she was happy with her new family and that if I showed up, she might be the one to kill me. That's what you wanted to know, right? Now move!" I push pass them and avoid their eyes.

They wouldn't understand.

I burst into Will's room and quickly go to stand in front of his desk.

"Get me a plane ticket to where ever the fuck Rose is in Italy. Find me an address too. Please."

Will looks up at me and nods, turning he begins working on his computer. I feel a bit of my tenseness relax. Ethan and Lucas run in and up to the desk.