-Goodbye

Rose

One of his goons scurry up to me with a phone and I try to hide the shaking as I reach out for it.

I have to do this. I can't let them die for me...

I shouldn't have ever put my trust in so many people. I felt bad for Caleb and included him, but I feel stupid now. What if it was all a trick? Even his tears from just now... My father makes it seem like it was all a ploy to get me here.

My father or Caleb. Who can I trust?

I feel myself sway as I clench the device in my hand.

Ryder, you're the only one I can pour my heart out to, and I'm forced to let you go. I'll be all alone, again.

I have no code to talk to you in or any way to contact you in secret. After this phone call, we'll be done. You, hopefully, won't come for me, and I can't wait for you. For the sake of those who trust and look up to me, I have to sacrifice.

I just wish it wasn't you I had to give up.

They know about the attack now so they'll be ready for them. I won't let anyone get hurt because of me, especially not you, Ryder. So I'll let you go.

Just knowing you're alive and safe will be enough for me. I shouldnt have been so selfish in the first place. Love, freedom, power, I would've got all of this and more at Ryder's side.

It's okay if I lose all this at the expense of many lives. Even if I'm a prisoner here, knowing I let others survive, I'll be happy.

"How long are you going to stand there? Call!" One of the goons shout at me.

I squeeze my eyes shut and take a breath. Opening them, I take a good look around the place I'll lose everything I ever wanted, or had.

The sun shines high in the sky, as the brick mansion cast a shadow on us. The wind gently passes through, as if welcoming the sorrow in my heart. The black road sits hot on the ground, refusing to move, never stirring, like my love for Ryder.

I see the faces of those surrounding surrounding me. Some pitiful, others impatient, and some just stare.

I turn on the phone and finally dial his number.

Tears fill my eyes and I swallow to keep the sobs from escaping.

This all happened so fast, and here I am. Here goes everything.

"Hello?" The voice saves me, like a thirsty man in the desert having his desperate sip of water.

"Ryder?" I choke out.

A pause assumes and I hold back tye words at the base of my throat.

"R-Rose... Rose?" His voice cracks.

"Ryder, you shouldn't come here with the guys. I don't need you." First lie.

"What-Why did they find out?" He panics.

"No, no, I just want to stay here now, with Caleb and my family." I bite my lip so hard, it bleeds. I'm hurting him more though.

"What...do you mean?"

Fuck, this is so hard. Fuck.

"I guess you found my notes, I wish you didn't. I'm saying, you don't have to save me because I'm perfectly fine. I've found my p-place here." I feel a tear drop fall down my cheek but I can't care less about the onlooking eyes.

"Rose, I don't understand."

"I'm breaking up with you. Caleb's been really sweet to me and he respects me. My dad wants us to get married and I said yes. My mom cares about me here and my dad cleaned up his act, he actually loves my mom and I. I don't need to go back with you so I'm not. So don't come." The tears flow freely at this point.

"Married? Breaking up with me? You're already my queen, Rose. You agreed, I won't let you take it back. Something's wrong, tell me. Are they threatening you? Are you saving everyone but yourself again? Rose, talk to me!-"

"It's not like that! I said I'm happy here and you don't have to come save me or whatever. If you come, I don't know if I can say I won't be the one behind the bullet that kills you. So stay away." Like I could ever actually kill him. I'd have to die first or right after, but this is all I can do for him in the end.

"Bullshit. You're crying." His voice shakes.

"I just feel bad for you. You don't know when to let go. It's now, Ryder."

"Bullshit! Rose, I know you!"

"You don't know shit! Ryder, seriously, fuck off." I try to steady my words.

"No, I'm coming. If you kill me, make sure I die in your arms. I'll believe you once I die. I love you and ...you love me."

A sob slips through and I feel my legs give out. Falling on my knees, I feel my heart break.

"Please, don't come Ryder. Please."

"What's going on, Rose? Please, tell me." He whispers.

"I already did."

"I'm not letting you go."

"You have to."

"I won't."

"Ryder, I don't want this to end like this, let's make a clean cut, ok? Just don't get involved with me. I'm none of your business anymore."

He scoffs.

"Anything that has to do with you is my business. I don't why you're doing this but don't worry, I'll-"

"I'm hanging up. You're clingy. As fuck." You have to let me go. I'm dangerous.

"Wait! Wait, please just let me hear your voice a little bit more."

"Goodbye Ryder."

"Ros-!" With that I hang up and simply let myself fall on to the ground.

It's over.
______________________________________

1.66M

3/28/19

Oh shit.

Do yall want a ryder pov for this chapter? Cuz.....

Thank u so much for all you guys support. I hope you guys Continue love the book.

Ciao.