-Numb

Rose

Caleb holds me down as he kisses me softly and I kick him in his balls.

He curls into himself and holds his package.

"What the fuck?!" I wipe my lips and punch him again, on his shoulder.

I should've never agreed to play this stupid game with him. I'll remember for next time.

I sigh. There might really be a next time.

"I told you, if you answer a question with a lie, or refuse to answer, I get to do what I want." He reminds me, kind of recovering.

"You're never allowed to put your lips on me." I rub my lips off once more.

21 questions with a twist and on question one, I'm already losing. Why'd he have to ask about Ryder and me?

And about that...

"You could've just answered the question."

"Its none of your business."

"So...you're saying you and him never... did that?" Caleb smirks.

"It doesn't matter what we did together. I just don't want to talk about us, with you." I glare at him as he finally sits back up.

He stares at me and nods after a minute.

"It's your turn. Ask away."

"Is this really a game you want to play with me? I don't care enough about you to have questions." I look, bored, into his eyes.

He avoids my eyes for a moment, seeming hurt, but I don't give a fuck.

"Ask Rose."

"That was a question."

"No it wasn't."

I roll my eyes.

"Ok... so why did you lie to me and put up some fake personality? I never got that." I yawn.

Almost 4:30 am and I'm up, on my bed talking to Caleb? Oh God.

"I already told you. I wanted you to feel bad for me so we could at least get along. My guys, back at home, laughed at me for it, but I needed you to stop hating me, even for a second." He looks up at me, all pitiful.

"So, you're acting again...?"

"What's the point of putting on an act when you know who I am now? I'm glad you know."

I nod.

"Ok, shoot."

"Do you really hate the idea of this wedding?" He asks.

I chuckle.

"Stupid question. But yeah, I do."

"Cause you love Ryder?"

I narrow my eyes at him.

"That's a second question. I thought we were taking turns."

He clenches his jaw.

"Just...please answer the question."

"It's half of the reason, but I've always wanted my freedom and this place has always been my prison."

"But I could give you freedom, I can do whatever you want, so-" he starts.

"So nothing. I don't want you. You're part of my prison. I don't need your help."

We stare at each other in silence, and a cold, tense atmosphere fills the air.

"You'll be completely mine after today anyway. I'm leaving. See you at the ceremony."