Chapter 3

Project

"It's called 'SPEAKING', you know?" Jimin began to talk to HaeSoo as if she couldn't hear him. He kept articulating while he made actions not realizing that HaeSoo's hearing was perfectly fine. "S-P-E-A-K-I-N-G, Speaking."

HaeSoo rolled her eyes and ripped a piece of paper from one of her notebooks to write on it. Jimin stared at her writing while she sighed and handed him the paper after writing on it.

Note:

I am not deaf. I can hear you perfectly fine, so please stop articulating.
Thank you.

"I know you aren't deaf, I'm just saying that maybe speaking is way easier for us to work together," Jimin said as he crossed his arms together.

HaeSoo once again grabbed the same piece of paper he gave Jimin and began to write what she wanted to say.

Note:

Writing is a form of communication.

HaeSoo gave the note back to Jimin to read while she waited for his reaction. A sigh was heard from Jimin as HaeSoo lifted her head to look at him. He soon let out a light chuckle and nodded his head as his eyes gazed the desk towards HaeSoo's journal.

"Hey, why aren't you writing the things you want to say in that journal of yours." Jimin pointed at the brown journal lying down on the desk.

HaeSoo pushes her journal aside and tore another piece of paper before writing once again the things she wanted to say. She placed the pencil down and handed the paper to Jimin letting him read it like he did many times.

Note:

I don't want any memories of our conversations.

"Ouch." Jimin whimpered as he pretended like his heart was broken. HaeSoo just stared at him dramatically being heartbroken as she sighed and began to start working knowing that Jimin won't start working any time sooner.

°°°

"So, how's it working with Jimin?" HyunJae asked as she took a bite out of her half ham sandwich.

HaeSoo sighed and began to write in her journal which was already open. Lunch had already arrived and HaeSoo was planning to sit alone for lunch, but luckily HyunJae was kind enough to come to join her.

Journal:

He's very straight forward and he doesn't really want to work. He just keeps trying to make me speak.

-To HyunJae

"I don't blame him, I think we all want to hear you speak," HyunJae spoke as she took another bite out of her sandwich. "But I'm not pressuring you to speak. We just met and I don't want to pressure you. Maybe sooner or later, you will tell me why you're mute."

HaeSoo cringed as she heard the word 'mute'. She never liked that word. It made her feel like an object that stopped working. She felt as if she was a speaker where someone pressed a simple button which made it mute. In HaeSoo's case, there was no button that mute her and she wasn't the one who chose to be that way. All she remembers was witnessing her parents murder and then waking up in the hospital. Since then, not a single word has left her mouth nor did a single tear flow out of her eyes.