Chapter 23

Hoseok's Story

"We called his father after checking his documents. We did some treatment on him as well and found out the pills have been affecting his body a lot. Not only has he taken pills that don't belong to him, but he has also taken more than one should take." Jimin careful listened to the hospital's nurse explaining Hoseok's problem as he nodded to everything she said. "We don't think he'll wake up any time soon, so we suggest you either go home and we give you a call or you wait outside." The nurse bowed to Jimin as he bowed back letting her walk out the room.

Jimin turned to Hoseok who was laying on the bed unconscious. He stared at Hoseok's cheek who seemed to be lightly pink, clearly caused by a slap. Jimin sighed and began to head to the door. He thought about the things Hoseok had told him before passing out. He found it quite weird that a person like Hoseok would take anti-depression pills. It simply didn't make sense to him, Hoseok was a bright and happy kid who wanted to make everyone smile.

Jimin walked out to see the nurse talking to a familiar man. He squinted his eyes to see better immediately recognized the familiar man as Detective Kim. "I'm sorry, but we don't let strangers into our patients' room." Jimin heard the nurse speak to the detective. "I know, but I'm a detective. I won't hurt him." Detective Kim responded as his impatient self began to unfold.

Jimin sighed and walked towards where the detective and the nurse were. He slowly bowed to the nurse and glanced at the detective before looking back at the nurse. "It's alright, I know him." The nurse nodded to Jimin and bowed before walking away leaving the two alone.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked as he slightly glared at the detective. Detective Kim cleared his throat. "I came to check on you." Jimin crushed his eyebrows before looking on both sides of Detective Kim as if he was searching for someone. "Did you come with HaeSoo?" Detective Kim shook his head in response. "I dropped her at Bangtan Cafe and asked So-Ra, one of the waitresses there, to take care of her. HaeSoo didn't want to go home and wanted to come here, but I didn't want her involved in this."

"You should've brought her. I need some comforting right now..." Jimin pouted and shoved his hands in his pocket looking down. "Do you really care about her, Jimin?" Detective Kim seriously asked.

Jimin sighed and sat on one of the seats in the waiting room. He took his hands out of his pockets and clasped them together while his elbows placed themselves on his knees. "I don't know..." he paused. "I was just curious at first. I mean, she wasn't speaking. I wanted to know what she was hiding. I thought maybe the whole reason she was mute was that she had something to hide, I never knew it had more to it." Jimin groaned and ran his fingers through his hair out of frustration. "Is that what makes me a bad person to you?" Jimin looked up to Detective Kim who was staring down at him.

Detective Kim sighed and took a seat beside Jimin. "Curiosity is human..." Detective Kim began to speak. "I can't blame you for that. Jimin, I can tell you care for HaeSoo. She said it herself, you're not a bad person." Jimin turned to the detective with a slightly surprised expression. "Really? She said that?" Jimin's expression had lit up. Detective Kim nodded to the question making Jimin smile and look down.

"Could you tell me what happened to your friend?" Detective Kim asked as his head lifted up towards the room Hoseok was in. Jimin turned and looked at the room door before looking back at the detective. "Why do you want to know?" Asked Jimin. "I feel there's more to the situation. HaeSoo tried to explain to me that your friend is not the type to take anti-depression pills. He was seemingly a happy person, am I right?" Jimin nodded to what the detective said.

"It's true. He always told that he had one job and that his job was to make sure the people around him were happy." Jimin sighed and looked at the detective. "Fine, I kind of do need some help from a detective. He told me something which I've been trying to figure out since he fainted." Jimin began to talk about what happened before Hoseok had fainted. "Hoseok Hyung told me something about his father. He said 'my father, he's...' and never finished his sentence. Do you think there's something happening at home?"

Detective Kim thought deeply about the situation and looked at Jimin. "I don't know, Jimin. But I feel like this might have something to do with another case."

°°°

"Caramel Macchiato?" Asked the waitress, Lee So-Ra, as she placed the cup of coffee on the table HaeSoo was sitting on. So-Ra sat down at the same table right in front of HaeSoo. The young waitress stared at HaeSoo who seemed to have a lot of things on her mind.

"Hey, everything will be alright," So-Ra spoke as she placed her hand on top of HaeSoo's to comfort her. "SungWoo told me everything about you. He told me what was going on and I understand why you would feel so stressed out. But try not to think about it, I'm sure SungWoo is dealing with everything right now."

HaeSoo looked down to So-Ra's hand which was on top of hers. Memories of her mother flood back as her eyes gazed down. A faded smile formed on her face as she slowly nodded to tell So-Ra she would be fine. "I'm sorry you had to lose your family, but know that I'm always here, even SungWoo. We're both here for you if you need us." HaeSoo's smile turned wider feeling once again the same warmth she felt in her heart before the incident.

°°°

Hoseok walked holding his mother's hand. He happily smiled as he looked up to his mother. The sun was shining above her making it hard to view her face. All he could see was a faded smile. At the time, he never understood why she seemed so sad. After all, they were at the amusement park.

For a kid, an amusement park was supposed to be the happiest memory ever. But that wasn't the case for Hoseok. He remembered the exact place where it all happened. "Wow! Mommy, look at the horsies!" Hoseok's little voice rung into his mother's ears as she looked towards the carousel ride.

The two walked over to it, one in happiness and the other in sadness. "Can we ride it?" Hoseok asked his mother as she once again showed that faded smile. She crouched down to her child and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Let's play a game first. Why don't you close your eyes and count to ten?" Hoseok, not knowing what was about to happen, happily nodded to his mother before closing his eyes.

"One, two, three..." he began to count "...four, five, six..." Hoseok grew more excited expecting to see a surprise from his mother. "...seven, eight, nine..." A wide smile appeared on the little kid's face knowing he could finally open his eyes. "...ten!" Hoseok opened his eyes, but his wide smile had faded away.

His head turned from left to right as his eyes looked at every corner of the amusement park.  He watched as different families walked by happily. Tears began to fill his eyes out of fear looking at the crowd of people walking by.

"Mom?" He called out.

A/N:
I LUV HOSEOK AND WRITING THIS HURTS ME OMG DHEISHJAHWJWHA

ANYWAYS I HOPE THIS READING DIDN'T AFFECT YOU AS MUCH AS ME WRITING IT.

*deep breath*

I hope you enjoyed this story.

If you did, please leave a vote. If not, then what are you still doing here 😂😂

Jk jk

If you didn't enjoy this chapter, then I'm sorry, I'll try harder next time!

Thanks for reading!

See yaaaaa

💜💜💜