Chapter 27

Feelings

The bell for the end of the day had finally rung making students flood out of their classrooms. The hallways began to turn noisy and the sound of footsteps all over the place was heard. HaeSoo was still packing her stuff, so she wasn't part of the crowd of students who had run out once the bell had rung. HaeSoo finally organized all her notebooks and began to walk out of the classroom.

She did her usual routine every time school was over. She'd gather up her books, walk to her locker, put her stuff away, and grab her backpack before leaving to go home. She would occasionally stay after school in the library if she didn't feel like going home, but today wasn't the case.

Once HaeSoo arrived at her locker and opened it, she felt a figure approach her. She began to put her books away while trying to identify the person there with the corner of her eye. As soon as she was done placing her books inside her locker, she took her backpack out, keeping her practical journal in her hands, and closed the locker before finally looking at the person who was patiently waiting for her to finish putting her books away.

"Can we hang today?" Asked Taehyung as his side shoulder leaned on the lockers while his arms stayed crossed. HaeSoo thought for a while before opening her journal. Just when her pen touched the paper, another recognizable voice spoke. "HaeSoo, let's go." HaeSoo looked up to see Jimin now standing next to Taehyung. "Aren't you coming with me to visit Hoseok Hyung?"

HaeSoo blinked her eyes multiple times feeling a great sense of turmoil while staring at the two handsome men standing before her. She looked at Taehyung and then at Jimin repeating those steps multiple times feeling guilty choosing one over the other. She stared at both of them thinking carefully while as well as noticing the height difference between Jimin and Taehyung.

She let out a sigh after finally making a decision. She began to write in her journal making both Jimin and Taehyung anticipate for her answer. Her eyes looked up to them both as she let her hands reveal what was written in her journal.

Journal:

I'm sorry Jimin but Taehyung asked me to hang out with him first...

-To Jimin

Jimin frowned at the message while Taehyung revealed his boxy grin. He looked up to Taehyung and scoffed seeing him so happy. "Let's go!" Taehyung began to push HaeSoo by holding onto her shoulders. She looked back watching Jimin frowning at her as he slowly disappeared into the distance.

°°°

HaeSoo and Taehyung were quietly walking together on the sidewalk. They had taken the bus to go somewhere but HaeSoo couldn't recognize the place although she found it to be quite familiar.

Taehyung then suddenly stopped in his steps making HaeSoo do the same. She looked up to Taehyung to see him gazing at something while showing a warm smile. She then looked in the same direction as him just to see a parc. A small gasp came out of HaeSoo's mouth as she quietly gazed at it.

"Do you remember?" Asked Taehyung. "We used to hang out here all the time after school." HaeSoo nodded to what he said finally recognizing where they were. Taehyung had brought her back to the neighbourhood she lived in before losing everything.

HaeSoo smiled as they both walked over to the swings in the parc. They both sat on those swings and began to play on them as if they were back in the past. It's as if they had forgotten about all the bad things that had happened and that everything was now back to normal.