1. Salutations, Humans

HELLO THERE!

It's like 14 days late or 8 days early but I can't bring myself to do any further editing on this or I think I will cry so HAPPY New Years gift!

This is a book I've been working on for the same amount of time as the SSD series just a lot more off and on, so some of the earlier chapter make me cringe a bit but I don't know how to fix them without entirely rewriting them and I don't have the motivation to do that with every single one so enjoy watching as my writing style yo-yos a little at the start and then gradually improves. I can't find a decent way to split it so it's going to be one book of 98 chapters and an epilogue, all of which are written already.

This is the final character to be introduced to the multiverse, and likely my last long submission to the BNHA fandom (though there's one more pre-written shorter story to post and some AUs and deleted scenes still to come). I've been writing some Star Wars stuff recently because I'm a nerd but I want to transition to writing an original work and I haven't decided if I'm going to post that on here or not. We shall see.

Anyway, without further ado, welcome to Controlee! Enjoy!

Chapter 1: Salutations, Humans

Rule 105: Hard work is only rewarding when you make it so.

"Auntie, can you tell me another story about Red and Blue?"

***

They were alone, together. A pretty rare thing for them. And they were outside too- something that had taken a heck of a lot of convincing on Yamada's part and yet, here they were, enjoying lunch at this weird little French cafe place (rather unceremoniously) in the middle of a row of clothes shops which meant it was often quite the busy little money-making venture on weekends. But on weekdays, it was a quaint little spot of tranquility in a usually busy town, perfect for the hero couple to relax and unwind for a little while without worrying about being seen together and having their lives invaded by everyone in the entire universe. Yeah, they really liked it here.

Birds sang sweetly in the trees planted regularly in small dirt squares along the concrete while the bitter smell of coffee darker than Aizawa's hair lifted the corner of the underground hero's lips into a content smile.

Yamada chuckled as he rambled on about some crazy story he was telling while Aizawa listened, smirking and snickering when he found something amusing which always brought a smile onto the his husband's face. This relationship of theirs was something they'd been keeping a secret for far too long, especially since they were now- at last, as Midnight put it- married but with Aizawa being underground and all, he wasn't comfortable with the limelight that would come from being openly married to a hero who had their own radio show, and Yamada had made his peace with that.

Content in each other's company, they barely noticed the small school group excitedly wandering around the pedestrian street, ogling all the different colours and clothing styles around the area but never buying more than one or two things if any. But, as aforementioned, this didn't matter to the couple, until of course, a young girl timidly walked up to them. Freaking out and more than a little embarrassed, she ended up walking straight past them more than once instead of asking her simple request as she held tightly to the gift her sister had given her, tapping her finger against it. Taking a deep breath, she finally forced herself to walk up to the two heroes and remain there.