28. The Ties That Make Us Family

Rule 6: Bloodties are confusing.

Aizawa didn't spend long with the three fools who'd put themselves in a heap of trouble. Barely anytime really, he walked into the hospital room the three were sharing and glared at each of them with a heavy sigh. They, of course, took this as a sign to start explaining what happened and why when really all Aizawa wanted was to walk away, leaving them to their ashamed misery or whatever. Sadly, he instead got three recounts of events he'd already been briefed on.

There was however one addition to the tale that caught the his attention— mostly for entertainment purposes. Todoroki, with a fair bit of confidence, declared himself 'the Hand-Crusher'. Rather than stare in utter confusion or do something terribly un-teacher-like such as laughing at his student, Aizawa gave up. The police could handle the rest of this, the kids had got to levels of such absurdity Aizawa was going to need at least four cups of coffee to even attempt dealing with them— and even then he was pushing it. Honestly, he'd known it from the moment he heard about their little 'incident'.

These kids were going to be the death of him.

Seeing his husband waiting for him on the hospital's ground floor with two coffees in hand (one basically just milk with a dash of coffee along with about twelve teaspoons of sugar while the other was blacker and more bitter than Aizawa's soul) was like being visited by a true angel, especially with the way the morning sunlight drifted through the windows turning his hair into a shimmering halo. Not for the first time, Aizawa questioned how the hell he'd managed to get himself such a wonderful man.

No words were spoken as they left the hospital, Yamada knowing better than to disturb his husband when coffee was in hand. So instead, they both revelled in the soothing liquid warming their bodies and giving them the energy boost they needed after such an early morning.

With everything that happened, both teachers were glad they didn't have to work today. Even on the trains and in the streets, everyone was talking about the attack on Hosu. Despite the fact the many nomus present suggested the involvement of the League of Villains— the group behind the USJ attack— everyone was raving about the Hero Killer instead. A few people praised Endeavour, the man who was being given the glory for the take down since the idiots three (Iida, Midoriya and Todoroki) weren't supposed to use their quirks without permission, especially not in a fight against a serial killer because they should never have been involved!

But in the darkest corners, a video was beginning to rise, one that showed the true intentions of the serial killer known as Stain and it was becoming worryingly more popular with each view. No matter how much effort was put into tearing it down, it couldn't be taken off the internet for more than a few minutes. It wouldn't be long now, soon, it would be everywhere.

But for now, people could continue in their relative peace and absolute trust in the ones they called heroes.

With the long journey behind them, the trip from Hosu to Central Tokyo was practically a short hop, and then all they had to do was find their way to the hospital Otsuka and Bakugou were in. It wasn't hard, phones were such a wonderful invention.

Behind the reception desk sat a young man wearing a light layer of makeup, filing a set of nails with a deadly shape to them— impressive work. "And how can I help you lovelies today?" For a man working as a hospital receptionist, he was a lot more chipper than, well, most people in hospitals.

"We're here for a patient, Otsuka Emiko?"

The man nodded, taking an extra second to place his nail file in a precise position on his desk before tapping at the keyboard at lightning speed. "May I ask what your relationship to her is?"