Chapter 13

Lunch, just as always was loud and cheerful. We all talked about our armor choices, anxious to get them back and try them on. Everyone seemed particularly excited about seeing mine due to the rare material that would be used for it. However, I was more excited to hear what everyone chose for weapons. As soon as the conversation about armor slowed, I decided to ask. "So, let's move on from armor. What did you all choose as weapons?"

Immediately, the conversation picked back up with a new surge of energy. Each one of us speaking at the same time and going silent all at once to try and let the others speak. I snickered at the sheepish looks and awkward smiles that spread across everyone's face before pointing to my left. "Why don't we start on my left and go around the table and talk? I'd be able to understand you all better when we talk one at a time."

Storm was first up, explaining how he had gone through several weapon classes before something caught Squall's eye. He had immediately gotten Storm's attention by squawking loudly at him before racing off. Storm, of course, chased after him through the crowd of classmates. Apparently, Squall had stopped so abruptly that Storm almost tripped over him and into the display holding a bladed chain. Despite his mild irritation, he still tried the weapon that so interested his excited companion and was immediately fascinated by the deadly grace needed to wield it.

Kit had immediately gone to the exotic weapons section. She wanted a weapon that was 'unique' and was entirely convinced that she would find it there. After trying several of them, Vasuki got tired of waiting. He bit the hem of her pants and pulled, which, to her classmate's amusement, almost sent Kit sprawling. Getting the message, she walked away from the exotic weapons section to the sword section, immediately taking interest in "a pair of wicked looking blades." After a test trial, she chose the pair of swords as her weapons, dual wielding like Em. She hinted that her weapon would still be unique because of the material she chose but when pressed for an explanation she only winked and said "you'll see."

Axel went for a simpler weapon choice. He chose a bow, having practiced with one as a child alongside his father. He claimed that it was because he wanted a ranged weapon so he could attack from a distance as well, instead of staying solely a close ranged fighter. I saw the look in his eyes though. What he said was only half of the truth. He was homesick and missing his family. I sent him a sympathetic smile when nobody was looking, knowing all too well how he feels. He must have understood because he brightened up and smiled back at me.

Jax, much to my surprise, announced that he had chosen a scythe. A highly dangerous weapon, if you knew the right maneuvers. It required more finesse and coordination than most weapons, which went completely against the image I had of Jax. He must have read the surprised look on my face because he chuckled and looked away. I didn't miss the flicker sadness that crossed his eyes, nor the secret glance at Axel. I was worried and growing more and more curious but decided now probably wasn't a good time to ask questions. Blizzard, perhaps having sensed his riders temporarily darkened mood, pressed his warm and fuzzy body against Jax's side, humming quietly and comfortingly.

Emerald told her story of how she had actually seen the weapon she wanted while browsing the armors. After she made her armor selection, she made a beeline for the whip sword I had watched her swing about so easily. Storm, intrigued by the amount of skill she already possessed, requested a bit of her time to practice attacks and maneuvers. After all, his weapon was very similar to the whip form of Em's sword, with only minor differences like the shorter grip on Storm's chain. Em smiled and agreed to teach him all that she knew.

Finally, it came around to Ash, who had been lovingly petting Violet throughout the whole conversation. Smiling shyly she explained that Kit and Jax helped her choose hers. Since she was always so quiet and agile they all agreed that twin daggers would best fit her. She chose a twin pair with slightly extended blades. A light and easy to carry close range weapon to balance out the bow she used to stealthily shoot enemies from high vantage points like treetops or cliffs. Despite being the shyest person in the group, she possessed a very deadly mix of skills and was not to be taken lightly during a battle.

Dragon of Three ColorsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara