Potions Class :: Harry Potter

Professor Slughorn was in the front of the class, his voice echoing throughout the potions class room.

I stood at a table beside Hermione, with Ron and Harry standing near us.

"For today, we will be making Felix Felicis. Can anyone tell me what it is?" Hermione raised her hand proudly.

"Felix Felicis gives luck to whoever drinks it, sir."

"Correct Ms. Granger, 10 points to Gryffindor." Hermione nodded at the praise and Slughorn went on to telling us what to do.

"We will be working individually today, whoever makes it the best will receive 50 points to their respective house."

Everyone got to work, getting all the ingredients together for our potions. I got an old textbook that was nearly falling apart, and saw Harry out of the corner of my eye staring at me. I smirked and worked harder to try to impress him.

*****skip to after potions are made*****

"Everyone's potions are complete, so now I will inspect each of them and decide who is the winner." Slughorn smirked before walking his way around the room.

He looked at each of the potions before he stopped at mine.

"I believe we have a winner!" He held my potion up in the air and I smiled, Harry smirked at me and I looked down and blushed. Hermione gasped beside me as Slughorn rewarded my house with 50 points.

Once class was over we all walked out of the room, I was heading to the great hall when Harry stopped me, he stood awkwardly beside me, stuttering something.

"Harry are you alright?" I asked concerned, he scratched the back of his neck.

"Um, you see, y/n, I'm very impressed with what you did out there and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go with me to Hogsmead this weekend? Like a date?" He asked shyly. It was rare to see Harry Potter shy and flustered.

I nodded and smiled at him.

"Sure Harry, it's a date!" I kissed his cheek before walking to the great hall, leaving a blushing Harry in the middle of the hallway.