Baby care

Levi's POV

"No, Levi, you're not holding her head right." Valerie said as she came over to where I was holding Sophie. "You need to support it more."

"I know that." I grumbled, irritated. It's been a week since Sophie was born and she was usually a good baby. Valerie already seemed like a pro at caring for her. Me, on the other hand, not so much. Anytime I would try to calm her down or put her to sleep, she'd just scream and cry until Valerie came and got her. "Ugh, what's that smell?"

"Her diaper needs to be changed. How about you try that?" Valerie suggested. I put a towel on the bed and laid Sophie on it. I'm not going to go into detail what happened then but it was revolting.

Time skip

"Hey, please calm down." I tried to reason with Sophie as she continued to cry. Valerie and Isabel went out of the house to get groceries.

"Do you think she's sleepy?" Farlan asked. I shook my head.

"No, she just woke up." I continued to rock Sophie back and forth on the couch.

"Maybe you could sing to her." Farlan suggested. Sing? Are you serious? "Hey, don't give me that look. It's just a suggestion."

"Ugh, fine." I grumbled once he left the room. I cleared my throat and began to sing a song my mother used to sing to me when I was little.

Chairs so close and room so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meagre this space but serves us so well
We comrades have stories to tell
And it's always like that in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden, long is the night

Eventually Sophie calmed down and looked up at me. Unintentionally I smiled down at my precious daughter. She giggled and reached her tiny hands up to play with my cravat. I gave a small chuckle and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Well isn't this just precious." A teasing voice suddenly said. I hadn't even realized the girls had gotten back.

"How long have you been there?" I asked.

"Long enough." Valerie smirked. "It seems like you finally got her calmed down. I knew you could do it."

"Yeah, I did." I smiled down at Sophie as she snuggled close to me.

"Okay well I'm going to go put the stuff away." Valerie said and headed off towards the kitchen.

"Okay-Ahh! Ow!" I looked down and saw Sophie trying to breastfeed off me. "Hey, stop that. Valerie! HELP!"

"What is it now?" She peaked around the corner. As soon as her eyes landed on the sight she burst out laughing.

"Hey! This isn't funny!" I said as Sophie continued to try and feed off me. "Help me!"

"Nope." Valerie said and walked back into the kitchen.

"Ugh..." I looked back down at Sophie as she looked back up at me. She had the most innocent and loving look in her eyes at all times and giggled. Fine, whatever.