~~~Eren's Birthday Special~~~

(This takes place in the original story line of The Captain's Daughter)

Sophie's POV

I laid in bed, anxiously watching the clock. I barely slept last night because I wanted to be the first one to wish Eren a happy birthday today. Last week I finally convinced Jean to draw a portrait for Eren. (Remember how in the cooking OVA Jean was drawing that picture that looked like Mikasa?) It was a portrait of his mom because I know he really misses her. I was planning to give it to him during his surprise birthday party at dinner tonight.

My eyes flicked to the clock and it finally hit 7am, the time when everybody starts waking up. I jumped out of bed and ran out the door. I started to run down the hallway when I heard my dad behind me. "Sophie? What are you doing?" I turned around and saw him with a confused look on his face; his room is right beside mine.

"Oh hey, dad." I ran back and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "See you later!" I then turned back around and continued running to the basement. I nearly fell down the stairs but who cares.

"EREN!!!" I pulled open the cell door and ran towards him. I practically jumped on top of him and made him hit the headboard of the bed. He was still dazed and groggy from just waking up.

"Sophie? What in the-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EREN!" I yelled. He was still a bit shocked but eventually relaxed and hugged me back.

"Thank you, sweetie." He said.

"I have a present for you but you'll have to wait until later." I pulled back and looked at him.

"You know you didn't have to-"

"No." I cut him off. "I got you something and I know you'll love it. Jean even helped me with it."

"Ugh, Jean-boy..." He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't be like that." I giggled and gave him a quick kiss. "Now get up! It's time to start the day!"

Time skip

It was around five o'clock now and we were currently in the mess hall setting up Eren's surprise party. We had some streamers, balloons, a banner and a home-made cake. "I don't see why we're going through all this trouble for Jaeger anyways." Jean crossed his arms.

"Because if it was your birthday, you'd want the same thing right?" I copied his stance. "Besides, he's humanity's savior, don't you think he deserves a little something like this?"

"Tch." Jean said and walked away. I looked around and everything looked pretty good. Well, besides having to hide the cake from Sasha.

"I think you can go get him now, Sophie." My dad said. I nodded and walked outside. We put him doing a few extra experiments with Hanji so we could set up.

"Eren~" I called out as I got to where they were.

"Oh, hey." He smiled at me. Ugh... every time he smiles it warms my heart.

"Can you come to the mess hall with me for a second?" I asked.

"Oooh, food!" Hanji ran away to the mess hall. She did this to go tell everybody that we were coming.

"Why? Dinner doesn't start for another hour."

"Just come on." I giggled and grabbed his hand. We made our way through the halls and came to the mess hall. I flipped on the lights and everybody came out from their hiding places.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EREN!" Everybody cheered and threw confetti. He just stood there shocked.

"Was this your idea?" He turned to me.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"Thank you." He smiled again and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

Time skip

The party so far has been going great. We played a couple party games, ate and had cake. Now it was time for presents. Everybody gave Eren their presents before me. I picked mine up and shakily handed it to him. I really hope he likes it.

He took it and pulled out the picture. He stared at it in complete awe and started tearing up. "It's your mom." I stood beside him. "I know how much you still miss and love her, so Jean helped me out."

"T-Thank you..." He shakily hugged me and buried his face into my neck. There were collective "awes" heard around the room and a very distinct "tch." "Thank you so much..." I held him close and ran my fingers through his hair.

"You're welcome, Eren." I smiled.

"You too, horse-face."

"Whatever." Jean turned around and walked away.

"Was that name necessary?" I asked him.

"As always." He chuckled and let me go.

Time skip

The rest of the party ended up going great and everybody had a great time. I was currently walking with Eren back down to the basement. "Did you have a nice birthday?" I asked him and I swung out intertwined hands.

"That was one of the best ones I've ever had." He smiled at me. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." I smiled back. We made it to his cell and he put the portrait of his mom on a table next to his bed.

"One question, though." He said. "How did you know exactly what my mom looked like?"

"Wellll, I may have also gotten some helped from Mikasa and Armin." I scratched the back of my neck. "They said she basically looked like a female version of you."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and got into bed. I went and knelt beside him. "I love you so much." He said.

"I love you, too." I smiled and we shared a long, loving kiss. "And happy birthday."

A/N: Happy Birthday to everybody's favorite angry titan cinnamon roll!!!   ( ^∀^) Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 is officially less than a month away! Get ready bois♥️