Milestones

Levi's POV

"Come on sweetie, just a little bit further." Valerie held out her arms as our now one year old daughter attempted to walk across the room. Finally Sophie stumbled over to Valerie and fell into her arms. "Good job!" Valerie kissed her cheek. "Levi, did you see that?!"

"Of course I did." I sat on the bed, watching the scene.

"Dada." Sophie said and stood up. She put her arms out and walked over to me.

"Hey there." I said and lifted her up. She leaned against my chest and started playing with my cravat, a habit she has.

"She sure is growing up." Valerie said as she sat beside me. I looked down at Sophie and noticed that she had now put my cravat in her mouth and started chewing on it.

"No, stop that!" I said a little too harshly. Sophie looked up at me as tears started forming in her eyes. "No, baby, I didn't mean-"
Sophie suddenly started bawling and reached her hands out for Valerie.

"Hey, sweetie, it's okay. Daddy didn't mean it." Valerie rocked Sophie back and forth. I felt my heart nearly break in two at watching my daughter cry. Especially because it was my fault. Valerie looked at me and nodded for me to take Sophie back.

"Hey, sweetie, Daddy's really sorry, he didn't mean to be so mean." I held her close. She looked up at me as tears continued to stream down her cheeks.

"S...Sorry..." She said.

"No, sweetie, it's not your fault." I rocked her back and forth. "Daddy loves you." Sophie finally stopped crying and giggled.

Time skip

"Isabel!" Sophie exclaimed as she confidently walked over to Isabel. "Look!" She held out her doll that Valerie made her. Sophie was now about a year and a half old. She's started picking up words from anywhere and forming small sentences.

"How nice." Isabel responded as she sat Sophie next to her on the couch.

"Isabel can you come help me make dinner?" Valerie asked from the kitchen.

"Sure." Isabel said and patted Sophie's head.

"Levi, Farlan's out shopping so I need you to watch Sophie." Valerie said and I nodded.

"Alright, bra- Sophie, what do you want to do?" I asked her.

"Dolls!" She said. I internally groaned. "No?" She looked down.

"No, dolls are fine." I quickly said. Sophie bounced up and started playing with her doll and making up fake scenarios. Finally she looked up at me and pointed to something. Her tiny finger touched my lips and I realized that I had unintentionally started smiling.

"I wuv you, Dada." She said and gave me a hug. I felt me heart skip a beat as I placed my arms around her, too.

"Yeah... I love you, too."

(A/N: I don't know if this has come across anyone's mind, but I just want to say that I am not promoting or supporting Ereri/Riren by putting Levi & Eren pictures (that are usually considered Ereri/Riren) at the top of my chapters. I've always seen them as a father/son relationship, and that's what I see in these pictures. Anyways, thanks for reading & don't forget to follow, like & comment!♥️)