Chapter nine

Mary....
A day before....
I woke up to my phone ringing.
"Hello?"
"hey, Mary it's Eddy"
"Eddy? Why are you calling when it's....oh 9:30am?" I said looking at the wall clock, wow, I must have been really tired.
"yeah I'm just checking on you, you okay? "
"yeah I'm fine thanks, I didn't realise the time"
"it's okay Mary, so....you wanna hang out?"
"Hang, out? With Kelly right? "
"No, not, you know what, just forget i-"
"no no no I'm sorry, I just..yeah we can hang out its fine"
"I'm sorry, For reacting that way... we're hanging out as friends okay, Kelly's going to be fine with it."
"Oh okay, so... I'll come to the bar? "
"Yeah twelve thirty? "
"Yeah it's cool"
"bye "
"yeah...bye"
"well that was an awkward phone call" I said to my self . Wait its Thursday right... Wow, I've had more rest than I needed, but it feels good.... Maybe hanging out won't be bad after all.

~•~•
"Hey, I'm sorry for the way I-"
"it's okay Ed, I just didn't want, kelly-"
"If it makes you feel better, I told her we were hanging out, she said its fine, she's busy with school work." I did not feel better.
"yeah okay, that's cool so... Where are we headed? "
"well.....out back?"
"really? I was hoping a movie "
"we'll I just wanted to talk that's all"
"okay... So, to the back then."

We sat on the trunk of his car, like before.
"So who's this mystery guy? "
"Mystery guy? "
"yeah the one, who you weren't sure left a message....?"
"O Uh... Yeah, his name, his name is John, we're just friends I guess." I said as I looked at the ground then at Ed.
"Where did you meet? "
"At....a... Ugh... It's complicated really"
"complicated good?" He asked curiously.
"yeah" I said with a smile.
"I just wanted to make sure you were alright." He said.
"Thanks Ed really"
He nodded his head and we sat there quietly, feeling awkward, I decided I'd get us a drink.
"let me get us some-"
Ed grabbed my arm as I was about to jump down.
"No it's fine"
"okay...." I said.
"I, Mary? Uh" he laughed a laugh that wasn't really a laugh, kind of like... I don't know if I should say what I want to say kind of laugh. He let my arm go then I asked concerned,
"Are you okay, Ed?"
" Yeah, I'm fine"
"What did you want to talk about?" I asked concerned.

He let out a sigh that made my heart pound.
"I think I have feelings for you Mary" his words coming out like sighs.
"what? ....y-you" I stuttered completely speechless. Kelly is going to hate me.
"You think? what about Kelly-"
"I broke up with her"
"You what! Why! " At that moment I jumped off the trunk and he followed.
"Because! I don't know! Maybe I realised that I was falling for you when the thought of you with another guy-"

"That gave you.... No right! Edward no right! How could you?!"
"How could I! You stand here acting like you didn't have feelings for me"
" have feelings, well yeah, maybe I did but I never told you! And you were with someone else and I moved on! "
"Did you really-"
"I did Ed, I did. You said you've changed, you want to live a better life,"
"I did change, Kelly isn't the one for me, you are!"
"you don't know that! You don't get to decide! You don't." A tear escaped my eye at the thought of a broken hearted Kelly who probably hates me.

"She did nothing wrong why!...you still love her don't you?" I asked wiping off the tear.
"I don't know Mary! I'm confused!"
"What happened to asking God for guidance. Did you pray about it? "
"No I didn't..."
"well you should"
"I just...we had a huge fight and I broke up with her, I felt a little jealous that you probably had another guy so-"
"So I was the back up plan? "

"No, no, you're not" He stepped closer to me, I should have moved back but, I stood there like my legs didn't obey my command to move.
"Then what, Edward"
"I...just-"
"since when did you start having feelings" I asked clearing my throat I folded my arms.
"since... Since We kissed last time".