Morning Surprises

Hello again! Thank you for coming back, and I decided what I want to do with the story. So here is the next chapter <3. This takes place a week after the last chapter.

Anne's POV

The sun was blaring through the East Gable room window, and that woke me up at an instance. I sat up, and realized it was past 9 o'clock. I was supposed to help Marilla go around asking people in town whether they would like the farm or not (Even though we are giving it up with a heavy heart as we don't have enough money) 30 minutes ago!

 I was quite late! I suppose it takes a while to get used to waking up early (which I am not used to anymore). When I was in the early Green Gables days, I would wake up well before the sun was high up and used to imagine how the sun would rise up for a brand new day, no mistakes filled with it. Then I would imagine I was Princess Cordelia, rising up for another day of exploring, and I would imagine that Cordelia would wear a beautiful dress made of the finest silks, and then go out exploring the world and what it holds for her.

Enough daydreaming! I will be very late! I got dressed and rushed downstairs in an instance. As soon as I reached down, Marilla was standing, tapping her foot, and giving me a stern look. All of sudden I exclaimed, "I am ever so terribly sorry Marilla! I was up ever so late last night, thinking about the past couple of weeks. I am ever so sorry. Please I didn't mean for it to happen it just-"

"Well that's quite enough child! Or should I say young lady. Don't be so hard on yourself it's quite alright. Now have some breakfast and hurry along now."

"Oh thank you ever so much Marilla! I guess I will keep making mistakes for my whole life, however I do tend to learn from the ones I do make, and don't make the same mistakes after I have made one. Take the hair dye for example-"

"Stop rambling on young lady! And just when I thought you had changed. Some people just never change. Now hurry up and have your breakfast, we are already late as it is."

"Yes Marilla," I replied.

I finished up my breakfast in five minutes (which Marilla was kind enough to make for me as she knew I was going to run late), and then we set off.

We took the mare and the buggy, and we started off on our journey. The first stop was the Gillis household (even though it was the furthest away from us). I was glad to be going as I might have a chance to see my dearest Ruby.

Anyways, we reached the Gillis household and Mrs Gillis was the one who opened the door.

"Why hello Miss Cuthbert and Anne. How much you have grown since the last time I saw you! Oh and I am terribly sorry to hear about Matthew's passing. Our condolences for you all. Anyways, what may I do for you today?"

Marilla replied, "Why thank you. We really appreciate it. Speaking of which, we have come to give  you an offer for the Green Gables farm since we don't have enough money to keep hold anymore after the incident at Abbey Bank."

"Oh dear I am so terribly sorry that you can't keep hold of it anymore. I will speak to my husband about it and if we are interested, we will get back to you. Thank you for stopping by it was lovely to see you both."

"It lovely to see you to. It's best if we get going now. Thank you."

And with that we left. I thought it was a rather harsh way to tell us to leave. 'I wish I got to see Ruby' I thought to myself. But like me, she was not used to getting up early. Suddenly, Gilbert came to my mind. How he could have kept me good company for the day. It would have been less miserable that is for certain. He's quite a kindred spirit, of course not like my dear Diana or Matthew (oh how it  hurts so much to think about him), but he would keep me good company. Oh how I do long for some good company after a long, tiring week. I think I shall go see tonight. That will keep my mind to ease as there is one thing that is certain:

This is going to be a long day.

Gilbert's POV

I woke up with the sun blinding my eyes as a start. It was a little past 9am, so I had a little time before I was due to leave for White Sands to apply for the schoolmaster position as I gave up the Avonlea schoolmaster position for Anne. For Anne. That sounded right. I am pretty sure I am grinning right now just thinking about it. It's been a week since we last talked, since we have both been very busy. I think I should go down there tonight, just to see how she is doing. Oh I can't wait to see her!]

Enough daydreaming! I will be late if I don't get up soon. With that I got dressed, went down and ate breakfast, and left with my mare and buggy.

After I started off to White Sands, I passed Barry's pond, and I immediately thought of Anne. What did she call it, oh that's right Lake of Shining Waters. She's right, it does sound ever so much more romantic. All of sudden, I had a vision, of possibly the future...

I am holding a three year old boy with red hair just like his mother's and hazel eyes with that mischievous hint. With Anne, there is a two year old boy with jet black hair and dark grey eyes. Even at two years old, you can tell he is a very handsome boy and he will grow up to be one too. The boy is admiring the lake and the water's calm movements, just like his mother would. It was all so perfect. 

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts as I had to keep my mind to the road and had to think about the position I was applying for. There was still quite a stretch left till I reach White Sands though. To keep my mind at ease I would keep thinking about Anne and how I am planning to visit her that night. But that seemed still a stretch of ocean away. I don't know what the future holds just now and whether I will get the position or not but I knew one thing for certain:

This is going to be a long day.

Third Person POV

Little did these kindred spirits know they will be seeing each other sooner than they expected, as they crossed paths, both lost in their own daydream.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter please leave a comment and vote and don't be afraid to criticize please (but not to harshly). Thanks for reading and coming back <3.