Love is a Strong Word

Hey guys. Here is, what I hope was, the long awaited chapter. <3.

Anne's POV

Gilbert was coming in thirty minutes, and I was completely behind. I needed to look nice for him because after all, I was the one hosting the study session. I started to get these now normal butterflies in my stomach when I think about Gilbert but as usual, I ignored it. I quickly put my hair up into a nice hairstyle and wore a green dress with puff sleeves. I rushed downstairs as there was only fifteen minutes left to get the place ready for Gilbert. 'Well, here we go,' I thought to myself as I started to tidy up the messy table.

Gilbert's POV

Thirty minutes till I am due at Green Gables. And thirty minutes till I am due to see Anne. Anne. I haven't seen her for quite a while now (well I feel like that), and if I don't soon, I think I will burst. So I quickly made my hair and put on my finest, casual clothes (after all I needed to look nice for Anne.) I quickly rushed downstairs, put on my coat and hat, and started walking towards Green Gables. Towards the love of my life. 'This is going to be a good night, if I don't spoil it,' I thought to myself.

Third Person POV

They were a door apart. That was all that was keeping them from seeing each other. After Anne did last minute tidy up and got everything ready, she waited for Gilbert by the door. She was pacing around, anxiously waiting for him. 'What if something happened to him!' Anne thought as she didn't him one minute after he was due. 

However, Gilbert was just outside of the door panicking what to do. He still wasn't used to the idea of being Anne's friend, even though he was slowly falling head over heels for her. He made up his mind after a moment, he was going to knock. So he did, and who opened the door was none other than Anne Shirley. She looked so radiant, he thought. With her hair done up and her grey eyes shining thanks to the sun, which was setting slowly over the horizon. She looked too beautiful, too good for this world, Gilbert thought. He stood there, dumbstruck by Anne's appearance. 

Anne, on the other hand, was staring at Gilbert, thinking about how handsome he looked. With his hair, his curls a little messed up. And his hazel eyes shining when they saw hers. 

They stood there for a few moments, staring into each other eyes, both of them trying to find undiscovered depths they may find in them. They felt like the can explore it forever however, both of them remembered. 'Stick to the plan!' they both thought to themselves, and they immediately looked away from each other, Gilbert scratching the back of his neck and Anne cheeks turning as bright as her hair. Anne and Gilbert were still in a trance, Anne being the first to break from it.

"Won't you come in?" Anne asked in polite tone and Gilbert nodded, still in the trance. They both walked to the dining table, where Anne had set up the study materials, ready to go.

"Would you like some tea?" Anne asked in a again polite tone, as she still wasn't used to the idea of Gilbert being her friend, so she didn't know how to ask him. Gilbert, who had woken up from his trance now, replied:

"I would love to." 'And anything from you Anne,' he thought to himself as Anne went away to get the tea. He was determined to stick to his plan that night, in the fear of scaring Anne away.

********

That night, many things got accomplished such as Anne understanding Geometry a little more, Gilbert understanding anything can have more than one meaning to it, and both of them being entertained by each other's company. They made good progress that night as well, with some of their competitive spirit returning but since they were friends now, they also helped each other in their own crisis. That what friends did, right? 

They had deep, meaningful conversations that night as well, such as what they thought what love was and how they think love can appear in any form. Gilbert was quite careful and delayed with what he said, as he was sticking to his plan. Anne however was rambling on about how her and Diana used to imagine about this handsome ideal in their dreams. She still wished she can find true love someday.What she didn't know was Gilbert's heart broke a tiny bit that night, but he brushed it off as he can't expect anything from Anne just yet. Again. they had only just became friends, even though it seemed like eternity ago. They both didn't know though that they were to find true love, in the most unexpected way. One of them already has realized it, while the other has still yet to figure it out. And that was still going to take a while. 

Another thing they discussed that night was about their experience at school, since they both were keeping distance. Anne told him about all the school mishaps: when she came to church wearing flowers in her hair; when she fell off the ridgepole (of course he was there for that); and the Lily Maid mishap (she excluded the hair dye mishap as she was still so embarrassed about it she couldn't bring herself to talk about it). The one Gilbert and Anne talked about the most was the Lily Maid mishap. Anne had already told Gilbert she forgave him that day however, she explained why she hadn't told him. She told him about her stubbornness (the thing she was most famous for), and how much of a silly, immature 'goose' she was. Gilbert told her how upset he was after she left, he was upset but raging at her but it didn't stop him from forgiving her. Anne was ever so grateful when she heard that, as she really was sorry. They also discussed their recitations over the past few years. Anne told him she actually did like his recitation of Bingen on the Rhine, but as known, she was very stubborn and wasn't willing to say so before. And Gilbert told her how immensely proud he was when she did her recitation for the school concert and the White Sands concert. According to him, her recitations were the highlights of the nights.

 When it was getting late, both of them were reluctant of the idea of Gilbert leaving however, it had to be done otherwise his family would worry. Gilbert said a hasty goodbye as he didn't want to leave but he had to and with that, he left.  When Gilbert left, Anne had a smile on her face as she had a good time talking with Gilbert. Gilbert however, was grinning. One may describe him as a 'moke' if anyone saw him at this moment in time. They both were thinking about each other that night as they lay in bed.

Both of them felt like they can talk to each other forever, they understood one another. If you asked both of them at least three people they wished to know forever, somewhere in that list would be each other. They understood each other in a way that no one else ever will, with their smarts and interests, they were kindred spirits after all. Most people would also describe them as lifemates.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, please don't forget to comment or vote. And please tell what would you like to see in the next chapter, it would be really nice to know! I am working on the chapter with the plan, but I would like to know what you guys want to see. Thanks <3.