Arrangements

I'm losing reads XD. Anyways, enjoy <3. 

Third Person POV

Diana knocked. Now all she had to do is wait. She heard some shuffling from inside the house, she could only hope it is Gilbert, as she was here to see him. Someone opened the door, and standing there was none other than the famous Gilbert Blythe. His curly hair was messed up, as usual. However, you can tell he'd been overworking himself, there were quite dark bags under his eyes. Diana was worried for him, Gilbert was like a brother to her. But he would not let her worry, and he would show it. He invited Diana in like the gentleman he is.

"Diana hello! Please do come in, I've been expecting you."

It's true, these two conversed quite a lot. They meet each other quite often, so often in fact they have built a brother-sister relationship. They often talk about the gossip going on in Avonlea (most people do that though). Like Anne and Diana, they don't usually talk about politics as Gilbert, like Anne, was a Conservative supporter while Diana was a Liberal. Diana usually thought to herself while she had these conversations with Gilbert how much Anne and him have in common. They are both interested in the same things and they talk like each other. 

To Diana, it seemed like they were meant to be. She dearly wished that Anne had forgiven Gilbert long ago, then they may have had more than a friendship just now. She would love to see her best friend and 'brother' courting however, that was not to happen just yet. What mattered right now was the fact that Anne did indeed forgive him, and they were become quite close to each other. This made Diana ecstatic. However, she thinks both of them need a little 'push' to become better friends. And that's what she was planning on doing.

They made their way through the hall, and into the drawing room. They started to discuss how their lives are going. Gilbert was the only one who knew about Diana's training. She didn't want the girls to worry for her, and she felt like Gilbert would understand more. He tends to understand things more than other people, that's for certain. Gilbert would open up to her about his father's condition as well. Diana understand things more than other people, that's for certain.

In conclusion, they made quite good company for each other. The last time they did converse, Diana told him about a plan that involved a certain redhead that he is quite interested in. So she told him: they were going to buy two concert tickets, and they would give one to Anne and one to Gilbert. And hopefully, they would enjoy together. Gilbert also requested for Diana, Ruby and Jane to be there. She assured him they will be there however, Diana wasn't sure whether they would be able to get the tickets or not.

That had been sorted out however, and all five of them were going to the concert (Gilbert without Anne knowing). They would all enjoy the concert together except Diana, Ruby and Jane would be somewhere else. All of them had the plan in mind, except for Anne.

Diana was here today to give the tickets to Gilbert and inform him what's happening on Friday night.

"Gilbert remember, you are to meet Anne outside of Carmody Hall, and you are to escort her inside." Diana told him in a authoritative tone. 

"Diana you have told me this a hundred times already!" Gilbert replied, exasperated. 

"I know, I just wanted to make sure you remember."

"Oh please, you are talking to the second smartest student at Queens'. I am sure I remember what I plan to do on Friday night with the soon-to-be love of my life."

"This is my best friend we are talking about! I don't want you to do anything to her, alright? Otherwise I will personally come after you!" Diana spoke in a motherly yet terrifying tone. 

Although they were like sister and brother, Gilbert was threatened by her, to which he replied in a weak whisper:

"Yes ma'am." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Short chapter! Just wanted to make sure I update! I will write one more chapter and then I am handing my story over to @ImanOfGreenGables to take over till mid-May, since she has more free time than I do! After exams and stuff I'll take over the story once again. Anyways, thank you for bearing with me. And I will try and get the next chapter up soon <3.