The Concert Part 1

Help me! Writer's block is killin me! Yeah I know I said my book is on hiatus, I can't help myself.

Anyways, this chapter and the next will be the last ones for now. Enjoy (hopefully) <3.

Third Person POV

It was a windy evening. Although it was summer, there was a chill you can feel through the air. The chill can run down your spine like there is someone behind you. There was something odd about the air tonight however, Gilbert wouldn't let it spoil his evening. He wanted to have a chance to be with Anne, and nothing will stand in his way. Not even the breeze with the horrible chill in it. Nothing.

He was to meet the girls at the Carmody Hall however, he wished he could take them himself (mostly Anne). He was not going to defy the plan though, not after the threat Diana gave him. 

Diana Barry is one scary woman alright he thought.

If he do want to have fun tonight, he needed to start my journey (as it is quite the ride). As he has been ready for hours, he heads to the barn to get his mare. Once his carriage is ready, he starts his journey to Carmody.

Meanwhile at Green Gables, things were hectic up in Anne's room. You see, she had got her head stuck in Jane Eyre again, as she simply couldn't put it down for hours. Only a few minutes ago, she realised it was getting and and she had to get ready for the concert in Carmody. 

Oh how late I'm going to be! Anne thought to herself as she started to get ready.

Anne had already laid out what she was going to wear before she picked Jane Eyre up: she was to wear a frail green dress, with roses embroidered on to the fabric. As she was not participating in the concert tonight as she had done a few months back, she was not to dress up fancily. However, it is still good to look your best she thought, as this was one of the most prestigious events to happen on Prince Edward Island. There were to be many people come from all over the world to give recitations, musical pieces and dances. This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that no one wanted to miss. Only a few people could afford it, and Anne was very lucky to be able to get the ticket from the girls.

When Anne informed Marilla about it, she had doubts as she did a few winters back when Anne informed her about the concert Diana and her were to go to on Diana's birthday. Marilla was reminded however that Anne has grown up, there was no need to have any doubts. She can take care of herself now.

Marilla felt protective over Anne, even though she knows she has grown up quite considerably over the past two winters. She was talking a lot less, that's certain. Ever since Matthew's passing however, there was something in her smile that had change. Something in her step that she had lost. Something when she talked, she seemed a lot older. Marilla had to dawn upon the truth that Anne is not a little girl anymore. She will never be the same girl that had danced into her life five years' prior. Things will never be the same as they were. And to Marilla, this was hard to take in. Anne is her girl, she always will be. She was also Matthew's girl, the girl Matthew loved with all his heart. He would do anything to make Anne happy. Matthew was the one who convinced Marilla to let Anne go to the concert three winters prior, and she was sure he would say the same thing if he were here today. So Marilla gave permission for Anne to attend the concert.

Right now though, Marilla was worrying for Anne, since she was supposed to be down five minutes ago. She had told herself before not to be so controlling and protective over Anne. She couldn't contain herself though, so she called for her:

"Anne, where are you?!"

What appeared in front of Marilla's eyes were not what she expected. Standing there was a young lady, wearing a very fine dress of green. Her hair was done up, which made her seem older and wiser. She looked like a queen in Marilla's eyes. She couldn't believe it was her Anne: the Anne that had come to Green Gables just a few winters' ago. Is this the girl she had brought up? 

"Anne, you look..." Marilla couldn't find the right word. She did not like showing the other side of her stern self. But she brought herself to say it.

"Anne, you look beautiful." she said at an almost whisper. Marilla was stunned, she still couldn't quite believe it was Anne standing in front of her.

Anne was also stunned, it wasn't usual for Marilla to pay a compliment to her, even though she had been doing so quite lately.

"Why thank you Marilla. I couldn't quite believe myself that it was me standing in fronnt of the mirror."

Out of nowhere, tears started to come into Marilla's eyes. Anne didn't hesitate to pull her into an embrace, neither inclining to leave each other anytime soon. Marilla was the one to disengage first. She wiped the tears her eyes quickly, as she didn't want the guests which were due to come to see her like this.

"Anne you better get going, I can see Diana outside on the porch."

Sure enough, Diana was there, knocking on the door. Anne said a hasty goodbye to Marilla, as she was quite in a hurry. They hugged one last time before Anne left Marilla to her thoughts. 

Marilla dreaded the night before her, as she was quite lonely without Anne.

Diana and Anne made their way to the Andrews' buggy. The plan was that Billy Andrews would escort them to the concert, and to bring them back (or so Anne thought). The girls however had other plans in mind, which Anne was unbeknownst of.

They got to the buggy, where Billy invited Anne to sit at the front (again). Anne was to kind to decline, so during the drive she felt rather left out as the girls at the back were chatting and giggling about absolutely anything. Anne wished she was with them, as Billy was not the one for conversations. He was rather shy, and Anne could tell he wished to court her. The feeling wasn't  mutual though. Anne barely knew Billy, how could she think such a thought? She was still looking for her soulmate, someone who knew her inside out, someone who would understand her. She was still looking for the handsome ideal that Diana and her once dreamed about. Billy was none of those and therefore, she did not wish to court him.

The whole way Anne felt rather lonely, so she decided to escape to her imagination, where she would usually find comfort. They passed the White Way of Delight and suddenly, something came rushing to her.

Anne was sitting slumped against a tree. She was in her thirties, thinking of herself as an old, married women. Sitting next to her was a man, supposedly her husband, who looked around two years older than her. His hazel eyes shown in the moonlight, his black hair showing a tiny bit of grey. But that grin of his, it makes him look younger. Both of us were staring in the distance at four children. The oldest boy, who inherited his mother's hair and his father's eyes, was playing with a six-year old beauty. His hair is jet-black, and having grey eyes, he was certainly a beauty. It was unknown to the parents where he inherited this from. While the two boys were playing with each other, to the left of them sat a pair of twins. One had inherited her mother's hair and eyes, and the other seemed to have inherited her father's features. Both of them were playing with their dolls, without a care in the world. All of them were jubilant, none of them wishing to leave this moment. They wished time could stand still, but time is not a friend.

Anne snapped out of her trance. What she had imagined seemed so perfect, she forgot what she was doing and where she was heading. Luckily, no one had noticed she was in that trance of her's, so she had time to think about it.

Who was this man that she imagined? He did seem awfully familiar though. Who's children were these? How come I imagined this?

All these questions ran through Anne's mind. All her thoughts vanished when she saw Carmody Hall up ahead of her. She was very eager to get off and once they came to a halt, she was the first to get out and had the urge to start running to the hall. 

Her plans were not successful as she had spotted someone in the distance. As the figure approached the buggy, she stood there, frozen, not quite believing who it is.

________________________________________________________

Hello! I am sorry, I realized this story is really bad :/. I tried to make it less crappy with the imagine of Anne's.

Anyways, please comment and vote. I would really appreciate it! Thank you <3.