Old Times Sake Part 1

Hey I hope you enjoy this chapter. Special mention to @malavikap2006 for helping me when I was the most down, and I know she isn't going to read this. Just wanted to say thank you to her. Mal if you do read this, thank you!

 Also, this will only be in Anne's perspective. Anyways enjoy ❤️.

Anne's POV

Two weeks have come and gone since I have last talk with Gilbert. We've been very busy, me with helping Marilla and with my studies and Gilbert with helping his father and mother and keeping up with his studies. In that time I have met with Diana and Ruby seperately. All my schoolgirl memories came back to me when I was chatting with them, I felt as though I was a little girl again. I have also had one more chat with Gilbert since the last, and it was when I was coming back from Matthew's grave again (I know, history repeats itself). We had another long chat, and this time we talked about our parents, and Gilbert revealed to me that his father has been sick for all these years. Oh, how much my dear heart aches for him and his father! I feel so angry at myself for treating him the way I did all those years, what a silly little, unfeeling goose I was! If I had known, maybe things could have been different.

Anyways, Gilbert and I have planned to meet up tomorrow for a study session, so that we can keep up with each other and see where we are at, because we are both keeping up by correspondence. My heart fluttered and butterflies came in my stomach just thinking about it! I had to keep myself busy to keep my mind off Gilbert. So I decided to bake a cake, then I can decide what to do afterwards. When I started, memories came flooding back to me when I first tried to make a cake for dear Mr and Mrs Allen. Oh my, I remember I mixed up liniment with vanilla extract! And that was because I had a blocked nose. I remember I was so disappointed and upset at that time, all I wanted to do was impress dear Mrs Allen and become her friend. I could tell she was a kindred spirit as soon as she started to talk to me in the room upstairs and talked to me. I remember saying to Marilla once that once I make a mistake I don't make the same mistake twice, and then Marilla replied with saying that I do make quite a number of mistakes! She sure was right.

While I was mixing the batter, and thinking about the past, a knock came from the door. I immediately got up to open the door, and standing there was Diana, Ruby, and Jane! How much I missed these dear girls! It's been such a long time since we have been with each other and in fact, I believe we haven't spent time together since our schoolgirl days! I was ecstatic!

"DIANA, RUBY AND JANE! Oh I have longed to see you dear people since well, forever! Please do come in, I am over the moon just now. Please have a seat, what brings you by today may you mind me asking you?"

All three of them were laughing at my rambling at this point. They have al, changed in appearances so much, all of them becoming more 'womanly' and pretty. Their hair, which I always admired, have grown considerably since the winter, and has become more beautiful, in my opinion. They are all young women now while I am still very homely. However, my hair has grown a darker red since the last winter, and everyone keeps telling me it is auburn, so I may as well believe them. And now all my freckles have gone now, well except for six of them, still on my nose. 'At least there are not as many as before' I keep telling myself. And I have grown very tall, I would be taller than Matthew if he was still around. How much it pains me to say that. I went back to thinking about myself and the girls, moving away from the painful thoughts of Matthew. 

"We have come to ask for a ramble out in the woods, just for old time sake. Would you care to join us?" Ruby replied to my question as I was in my trance. An old time ramble? I was already excited! 

"Yes!" I replied a little too enthusiastically, which I recieved giggles for again. I suddenly remembered the cake. "Um guys, I started to make a cake batter earlier, and I need to finish it as it will go bad and Marilla will kill me if I don't!"

"Anne, we can help you finish the cake." Diana said. "It would be great fun." Added Jane. So we agreed on baking the cake really quick and then going for our ramble.

Baking the cake with the girls was great fun. We got the job done real quick, and we had fun with it. While the cake was baking, Jane started a flour fight and we were all so engaged with it we were about to burn the house down! Luckily Marilla was down at Mrs Lynde's right now, otherwise she would not approve. Oh god, I would have lost my trust to use the oven again! 

After we nearly burned the house down and took out the cake, we cleaned up the kitchen (and ourselves) and we started on our little adventure among the outside world, for old times sake.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys thank you reading <3. You are probably thinking this is crap but please at least leave a comment and vote. Thank you <3.

For the next chapter I might do Diana's POV as well as Anne's. What do you think? Please feel free to tell!